The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by houssame1
Hey,
Oh thats great congratulations. I was thinking wrong probably, as the moroccan educational system is exactly the same as the french one, I even studied one year at Aix-Marseille university with my baccalaureate. But apparently they consider it different here in uk, my mistake lol.
Good luck with the rest of the unis though.

Yes don’t worry you will get responses. I too am doing the French Baccalauréat and was offered a conditional place at Bristol with 14/20.
Hi, I’m an international applicant from Taiwan

University choices: LSE(rejected), UCL, Durham (unconditional offer), Edinburgh (conditional offer), KCL
What subject(s) are currently studying?: I took Advanced Placement exams and got 5s in 6 exams. Plan to take AP Comparative govt, American govt and English Language on Grade 12. Got SAT and two SAT2 scores.
LNAT: Took on 11.15 and screwed it ;-;
Predicted A2 grades: NA
AS grades:NA
GCSE grades: NA
Why Law?: Hard to explain. My mother is a lawyer too that probably sparked my interest.

Application submitted on 10.1. Still don’t know why LSE rejected me. I even got a recommendation letter for its alumni.
Waiting for UCL now. This process is killing me omg why does it take so long to make a decision??? (I guess it’s probably bc of my LNAT) Anyone already got an offer from UCL?
Original post by rosietr

University choices: LSE(rejected), UCL, Durham (unconditional offer), Edinburgh (conditional offer), KCL
What subject(s) are currently studying?: I took Advanced Placement exams and got 5s in 6 exams. Plan to take AP Comparative govt, American govt and English Language on Grade 12. Got SAT and two SAT2 scores.
Why Law?: Hard to explain. My mother is a lawyer too that probably sparked my interest.

Application submitted on 10.1. Still don’t know why LSE rejected me. I even got a recommendation letter for its alumni.
Waiting for UCL now. This process is killing me omg why does it take so long to make a decision??? (I guess it’s probably bc of my LNAT) Anyone already got an offer from UCL?

The LSE rejection is so relatable 😭 I’m waiting for UCL too :smile: I’m sure we’ll hear back soon (shortly after 15 Jan deadline probably(
Hey I'm Shannon !

University choices: hearing back from Oxford today!
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Law, Psychology, sociology and ancient history
Predicted A2 grades: AAAA
AS grades: AAB
GCSE grades: 6A's 4B's
Why Law?: It just clicked with me! I started as law and I ended up never going a day wo talking abt law in some way or another! I want to go into family law, the idea of doing pro bono for those who need it while making some money on high end divorces catches my imagination
Original post by rosietr

Hi, I have an offer from UCL to study Law :smile: I applied in October and got my offer over two months later in December, so it's a bit of a wait I'm afraid! I'm sure you'll get an offer soon, especially if you got an unconditional from Durham!
honestly, there is no way to tell.... there were 10 applicants for oxford with my tutor and one of them had 11A* at GCSE and AAAA at as level....he didnt even get an interview! I was the only one out of the ten and I have 6A's 4B's at GCSE and AAB at as level
Still waiting on Durham....
Original post by pas possible
Yes don’t worry you will get responses. I too am doing the French Baccalauréat and was offered a conditional place at Bristol with 14/20.

Congrats! :smile: I hope I'll hear from them soon :smile:
APPLIED- Kings (please), LSE, UCL, Durham and BristolGCSE- A*AAAAABBCCAS LEVELS- AAABA (predicted)- A*A*A*OFFERS/ REJECTIONS- Bristol AABI just hope i get into a London school, i thought the LNAT went well but i'm worried my GCSE's are going to hold me back. :/
Reply 390
University choices: LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL, Southampton
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Access to HE Law
Predicted A2 grades: N/A
AS grades: N/A

Life of a mature student., early 2018 update!

- I have an interview/test day at Southampton on 17th January.
- I have passed the initial stage of LSE (which seemed very generic) and now my application is being considered with an understanding that if successful I would take the UGAA.
- No replies yet from KCL or UCL yet however I have not completed my LNAT so this does not suprise me. LNAT is booked in for tomorrow!
- QMUL.. nothing yet.

Best of luck to everyone!
would anyone want to be in a law 2018 whatsapp group chat?
Offers from Birmingham, Cardiff, Leicester and Lancaster, and I have an interview at York next month. :smile:
Original post by rosietr

Original post by rosietr

I wonder why you got rejected by LSE...you have stellar grades! I am also applying with US qualifications. If people like you get rejected, then i assume my chance is pretty slim too. Ugh. Did they specifically state the reason why they reject you? I know for others it was because of their personal statements. Anyways best of luck on UCL and congrats on durham.
Original post by stressedteen

Sounds great!
Original post by stressedteen

Definitely!
Original post by infiinitee_
The LSE rejection is so relatable 😭 I’m waiting for UCL too :smile: I’m sure we’ll hear back soon (shortly after 15 Jan deadline probably(

Yeah I guess they’re waiting for everyone to submit their applications :smile: Let’s cross our fingers for UCL
Original post by SamuelMatravers
Hi, I have an offer from UCL to study Law :smile: I applied in October and got my offer over two months later in December, so it's a bit of a wait I'm afraid! I'm sure you'll get an offer soon, especially if you got an unconditional from Durham!

Thanks! The unconditional offer from Durham law was totally unexpected.
Original post by hilarioushil
I wonder why you got rejected by LSE...you have stellar grades! I am also applying with US qualifications. If people like you get rejected, then i assume my chance is pretty slim too. Ugh. Did they specifically state the reason why they reject you? I know for others it was because of their personal statements. Anyways best of luck on UCL and congrats on durham.

Thanks! My reason was also personal statement (and two of my friends too). LSE is just a weird school, one of my friend who got admitted by UChicago and Oxford law was rejected by LSE... so grades does not matter very much in their admission process. If they still didn’t reject you until now then you definitely have a good shot!
Original post by rosietr
Thanks! My reason was also personal statement (and two of my friends too). LSE is just a weird school, one of my friend who got admitted by UChicago and Oxford law was rejected by LSE... so grades does not matter very much in their admission process. If they still didn’t reject you until now then you definitely have a good shot!

Do you know why LSE rejects people? I’m still waiting to hear from them!

Latest

Trending

Trending