Turn on thread page Beta

English people on Holidays watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    Well the English might be rude, sometimes loud but if it wasn't for the English and Americans europe would still be under Nazi rule today. And you'd not even be aloud to have this debate.
    or russian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggy Hog)
    And for that I am truly thankful ... maybe it was time Great Britain got over the war and focused on the present
    It's "allowed" btw
    Ah the last resting place of the beaten, correcting spelling

Well i'm just saying perhaps you should stop making such generalisations about the English which on the whole are unfounded. Yes there are some people who are loud, insulting and brash. But the vast majority go abroad and enjoy themselve who are polite and respect places. It doesn't make good news though does it "English couple visit paris and were altogether jolly nice poeple".

How could i of forgotten the russians! Or russian indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Ah the last resting place of the beaten, correcting spelling

Well i'm just saying perhaps you should stop making such generalisations about the English which on the whole are unfounded. Yes there are some people who are loud, insulting and brash. But the vast majority go abroad and enjoy themselve who are polite and respect places. It doesn't make good news though does it "English couple visit paris and were altogether jolly nice poeple".

How could i of forgotten the russians! Or russian indeed!
    See my previous posts - I'm sure most english people are fine

ReputationRep:
    no seriously, the English people are worse behaved than other nations, not the elderlz people obviously (minority of younger people 20-30). Its often in the news, not the spanish, not the germans, but British

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    no seriously, the English people are worse behaved than other nations, not the elderlz people obviously (minority of younger people 20-30). Its often in the news, not the spanish, not the germans, but British
    Surely the Germans are the worst behaved, not 60 years ago did they invade most of europe and murder in cold blood millions of people, now i'd say throwing a few chairs around after a football match pales in comparision.

ReputationRep:
    Academics are divided over King Arthur's nationality. It has been suggested that he came from Britanny (ie Smaller Britain as opposed to Greater Britain) -the case for this is quite strong as greatest chronicler of Arthur's achievements was a 12th century French monk named Chretien de Troyes.
    I'm not sure when France was founded. And it is even possible that King Arthur himself has 'English' decent. So who knows....

ReputationRep:
    Surely the Germans are the worst behaved, not 60 years ago did they invade most of europe and murder in cold blood millions of people, now i'd say throwing a few chairs around after a football match pales in comparision.
    but they weren't tourists, they were trying to be conquerors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    but they weren't tourists, they were trying to be conquerors.
    Minor detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    they were trying to be conquerors.
    They were, just failed with the warrior nation :cool:

ReputationRep:
    FACT - the british have a major hang up over the war - perhaps because they haven't acheived anything since - I suggest you get over it

ReputationRep:
    Minor detail.
    i forgive you since you are an engineer

engineers aren't that concerned with details cos we have safety factors!

ReputationRep:
    FACT - the british have a major hang up over the war - perhaps because they haven't acheived anything since - I suggest you get over it
    Lol we've had other wars and won them And i'd say mapping the human genome was a pretty big acheivement wouldn't you?

When was the last time the French won something? 1066?

Exactly shiny, i had many other arguements to fall back on incase the first arguement failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    Yes let's treat the papers as gospel :cool:

You obviously haven't been to USA or RSA.

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't France so they cannot claim a victory like that. It so easily could have gone Harold's way. Agincourt anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Yes let's treat the papers as gospel :cool:

You obviously haven't been to USA or RSA.
    I have been to the USA.

ReputationRep:
    Lol we've had other wars and won them And i'd say mapping the human genome was a pretty big acheivement wouldn't you?

Exactly shiny, i had many other arguements to fall back on incase the first arguement failed.
    Seeing as we are talking about winning things. Why don't you check the olympic medals table ...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...le/default.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    That wasn't France so they cannot claim a victory like that. It so easily could have gone Harold's way. Agincourt anyone?
    hmm see your point. Have the french actually won anything?

ReputationRep:

they won the world cup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    I have been to the USA.
    Yeah but have you lived there as a fellow American and not a European? You will be treated differently if you are English than say if you were a fellow American.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    they won the world cup!
    So have we, and the rugby one

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.