Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

English people on Holidays watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think the 100 years war was somewhat more complex than that

Anyhow if you had weather like ours you'd drink too

ReputationRep:
    or you based on your recent performances...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    they gave us pastuerised milk!
    And French toast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    I think the 100 years war was somewhat more complex than that
    Undoubtedly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    And French toast
    The invented arogance too

ReputationRep:
    And a great invention it was too

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    Most of Europe hates the French... the French hate everyone.
    Go to Germany and see the reaction you will get between being French and being British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Go to Germany and see the reaction you will get between being French and being British.
    just out of interest what is the reaction?

ReputationRep:
    It is a curious thing that. Most germans I know actually admire the UK (poor blokes - only joking!) but cannot understand why they are so hated by large extents of the british public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggy Hog)
    It is a curious thing that. Most germans I know actually admire the UK (poor blokes - only joking!) but cannot understand why they are so hated by large extents of the british public.

I don't hate the Germans, (well i don't really hate the french, the just suck at wars) , just don't mention zie warrrrrrr!

Germans are fine, well the exception on the nazi nutters, but then we have the BNP over here doesn't mean i hate all of the british

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    I'm sorry, but French people belong to one of the rudeist nations I've ever known. I've been to holiday all over the world, and Australians - nicest people ever, Americans - do anything to help, but French people look down on the English as though they're superior. I went on holiday to France about a month ago, and everyone was most unhelpful, snotty, and dismissive. I don't really know what the point of this thread is, other than to **** each other off, but if that's what you wanted, then you'll get it.
    Its not true...i went to Paris with my friend and people there were very nice...esp the guys .mmmmmmmm.... when they knew my french sucked, they just switched to english...

I love French people, i love the food, i love the culture....i love france. I wouldnt mind living there when im older...of course i have to improve my french

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate the Germans, (well i don't really hate the french, the just suck at wars) , just don't mention zie warrrrrrr!

Germans are fine, well the exception on the nazi nutters, but then we have the BNP over here doesn't mean i hate all of the british
    A lot of english people don't share your views. The amount of grief germans get from British supports at sports events makes me cringe - but maybe that's because the germans always seem to end up winning.

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly from the war but I think we've had this thing about them before even 1914. It's a shame really because I find Germans very friendly. Perhaps if the United Kingdom joined the EU when it began things would be different, not that it was going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Though we seem to like German cars..... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Its not true...i went to Paris with my friend and people there were very nice...esp the guys .mmmmmmmm.... when they knew my french sucked, they just switched to english...

I love French people, i love the food, i love the culture....i love france. I wouldnt mind living there when im older...of course i have to improve my french
    Call the French arrogant - I'm from Toulouse btw - the Parisians are off the bloody chart!
    If there is one thing I hate more than the english (all in good spirit before someone takes it too seriously ) it's the parisians. They should all be rounded up and shot!
    Nice place paris though

ReputationRep:
    just out of interest what is the reaction?
    Well there was a user on here who said he was half French and half British and we went to Germany and found out various Germans' reactions to both nationalities. It was concluded if you were French you were frowned at, if you were British you received a lot of respect. This was only his experience but he did find out that this has happened before. European nations enjoy bashing each other I see

If I find out who was this user I'd tell you.

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly from the war but I think we've had this thing about them before even 1914. It's a shame really because I find Germans very friendly. Perhaps if the United Kingdom joined the EU when it began things would be different, not that it was going to happen.
    Correct me if I am wrong, I think it's because the germans always seem to beat the UK at sport.

ReputationRep:
    Call the French arrogant...the Parisians are off the bloody chart!...I hate...the parisians. They should all be rounded up and shot!
    This seems to be the case with people of their own countries in Europe. Some people do not like Dubliners much either, including the Irish.

ReputationRep:
    Call the French arrogant - I'm from Toulouse btw - the Parisians are off the bloody chart!
    If there is one thing I hate more than the english (all in good spirit before someone takes it too seriously ) it's the parisians. They should all be rounded up and shot!
    Nice place paris though
    the people i met seemed nice and friendly ...mmmmmmmmm....the guys mmmmmmm...

its true some were *****y,...but up theirs

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.