IKEAPanda37's Very Long Summer - My Summer Bucket List Watch

username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys :hi:

So I finished A-levels this year on June 19th so I've been celebrating summer for quite a while already. However, I want to make this my best summer yet before I hopefully go to uni so think that it would be a good idea to do a bucket list and it should be fun trying to meet everything

There might be a few things that probs wont happen but i can always try :thumbsup:

Here are the things I hope to do this summer:

- Get into university
= Well duh.....:rolleyes: If I could get into my firm choice Cardiff, I would be over the moon, its definitely become my dream uni. However, if its Swansea instead, I'll still be happy

- Pass my Grade 6 guitar exam
= Luckily, this doesnt go towards my uni future Would be nice to pass my final guitar exam :yep:

- Learn Welsh
= I wanted to get a headstart with Welsh before I start taking Welsh lessons along my degree at uni. I'm using the saysomethinginwelsh website and hope to get through the first course of challenges :thumbsup:

- Have a great time in Scotland
= Me and my family are spending a week in Scotland at the end of July/start of August for the first time ever. We'll be in a cottage in a remote area for the proper Scottish experience and I'm really looking forward to it :woo:

- Meet with friends 5+ times this summer
= Tbh I've had a rocky history with friends, so I dont spend loads of time wih them. That said I'm hoping to meet them a lot more this summer and have a great time with them :thumbsup:

- Gain weight
= This gonna be so hard, I currently weigh 57kg and am underweight. I really need to change this, but I find it really difficult bc when I put some on, it goes again But this one is imporant bc I want to be in good shape for uni

- Read "Le racisme - expliquee a une petite fille"
= I'm hoping to read some French books before uni which I started but never got to finish so I'm trying again

- Read first Harry Potter book in French
= Same as above

- Cycle 14 miles to the next town and back
= Basically theres a trail near where I live that you can walk/cycle along and apparently its 14 miles to get to the next town to us which I really want to get to the end of

- Walk 14 miles to the next town
= I also want to walk it as well. I tried it before A-levels finished and got 5 miles along but my shoes were hurting my feet so I had to turn back but I aim to try again. I wont be walking back tho, my mum says she can pick me up

- Start running again
= I started running with my dad at the start of the year but a missed week lead to me stopping completely, but I hope to start again this summer :thumbsup:

- Go to IKEA
= Come on, you must have been expecting this :toofunny:

- Try something new
= Just doing something for the first time ever, maybe trying a new food or activity, watch this space

- Get a new hairstyle
= I'm bored and really don't like my hair as it is right now. Its too long so I'm hoping to get styled it differently. Probs a case of "new hairstyle, new me" altho more likely "same me but with a different hairstyle" :lol:

- Enjoy prom
= Y13 prom coming up soon so I'm hoping to have fun there

- Get a reply/autographs from my favourite actor
= I wanted to send fan mail to my favourite actor telling him a bit about me and saying I was a big fan of them, asking for an autograph and maybe a reply

- Get a reply/autographs from cast of my favourite TV show
= My favourite show is a Welsh soap called Pobol y Cwm (i think you can tell im obsessed with Wales/welsh ) I want to send a letter telling Im a huge fan and see if I can get a reply/autographs from the cast

- Meet favourite actor
= You know when I said some things may be unrealistic, this is one of those But you never know, it could happen

- Meet cast from favourite TV show
= Again unrealistic but you never know

Thats all I can think of really, I will update every week on if I've done these things or if I'm making progress on them. First update will be tomorrow (um yeah one of these things I've done already (IKR SO EXCITING!!!!!! :party:)) Stay tuned to find out what

Just gonna tag people who may be interested (if you really couldnt care less, just tell me and I'll remove you from the tag list thingy, I wont be offended, well I'll try not to :lol:)

CheeseIsVeg Michiyo UWS bizzy_penguin The_Lonely_Goatherd LeCroissant furryface12 Protostar OProblematicOne

If anyone else wants to be tagged, just tell me :thumbsup:
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
Hey guys :hi:

So I finished A-levels this year on June 19th so I've been celebrating summer for quite a while already. However, I want to make this my best summer yet before I hopefully go to uni so think that it would be a good idea to do a bucket list and it should be fun trying to meet everything

There might be a few things that probs wont happen but i can always try :thumbsup:

Here are the things I hope to do this summer:

- Get into university
= Well duh.....:rolleyes: If I could get into my firm choice Cardiff, I would be over the moon, its definitely become my dream uni. However, if its Swansea instead, I'll still be happy

- Pass my Grade 6 guitar exam
= Luckily, this doesnt go towards my uni future Would be nice to pass my final guitar exam :yep:

- Learn Welsh
= I wanted to get a headstart with Welsh before I start taking Welsh lessons along my degree at uni. I'm using the saysomethinginwelsh website and hope to get through the first course of challenges :thumbsup:

- Have a great time in Scotland
= Me and my family are spending a week in Scotland at the end of July/start of August for the first time ever. We'll be in a cottage in a remote area for the proper Scottish experience and I'm really looking forward to it :woo:

- Meet with friends 5+ times this summer
= Tbh I've had a rocky history with friends, so I dont spend loads of time wih them. That said I'm hoping to meet them a lot more this summer and have a great time with them :thumbsup:

- Gain weight
= This gonna be so hard, I currently weigh 57kg and am underweight. I really need to change this, but I find it really difficult bc when I put some on, it goes again But this one is imporant bc I want to be in good shape for uni

- Read "Le racisme - expliquee a une petite fille"
= I'm hoping to read some French books before uni which I started but never got to finish so I'm trying again

- Read first Harry Potter book in French
= Same as above

- Cycle 14 miles to the next town and back
= Basically theres a trail near where I live that you can walk/cycle along and apparently its 14 miles to get to the next town to us which I really want to get to the end of

- Walk 14 miles to the next town
= I also want to walk it as well. I tried it before A-levels finished and got 5 miles along but my shoes were hurting my feet so I had to turn back but I aim to try again. I wont be walking back tho, my mum says she can pick me up

- Start running again
= I started running with my dad at the start of the year but a missed week lead to me stopping completely, but I hope to start again this summer :thumbsup:

- Go to IKEA
= Come on, you must have been expecting this :toofunny:

- Try something new
= Just doing something for the first time ever, maybe trying a new food or activity, watch this space

- Get a new hairstyle
= I'm bored and really don't like my hair as it is right now. Its too long so I'm hoping to get styled it differently. Probs a case of "new hairstyle, new me" altho more likely "same me but with a different hairstyle" :lol:

- Enjoy prom
= Y13 prom coming up soon so I'm hoping to have fun there

- Get a reply/autographs from my favourite actor
= I wanted to send fan mail to my favourite actor telling him a bit about me and saying I was a big fan of them, asking for an autograph and maybe a reply

- Get a reply/autographs from cast of my favourite TV show
= My favourite show is a Welsh soap called Pobol y Cwm (i think you can tell im obsessed with Wales/welsh ) I want to send a letter telling Im a huge fan and see if I can get a reply/autographs from the cast

- Meet favourite actor
= You know when I said some things may be unrealistic, this is one of those But you never know, it could happen

- Meet cast from favourite TV show
= Again unrealistic but you never know

Thats all I can think of really, I will update every week on if I've done these things or if I'm making progress on them. First update will be tomorrow (um yeah one of these things I've done already (IKR SO EXCITING!!!!!! :party:)) Stay tuned to find out what

Just gonna tag people who may be interested (if you really couldnt care less, just tell me and I'll remove you from the tag list thingy, I wont be offended, well I'll try not to :lol:)

CheeseIsVeg Michiyo UWS bizzy_penguin The_Lonely_Goatherd LeCroissant furryface12 Protostar OProblematicOne

If anyone else wants to be tagged, just tell me :thumbsup:
I didn't receive a notification for this :dontknow:
but omigiwd so excited for this! :woohoo: Go IP!!!!! :ymca:
username2571271
Rep:
?
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
I didn't receive a notification for this :dontknow:
but omigiwd so excited for this! :woohoo: Go IP!!!!! :ymca:
Yeah, notifications are being proper strange today :rolleyes:

Yay thank you :jumphug:
So excited for the rest of the summer :woo:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, notifications are being proper strange today :rolleyes:

Yay thank you :jumphug:
So excited for the rest of the summer :woo:
Made a thread on that for you, did you get that tag? :hmmm:

Np :hugs:
Me too :woo:
username2571271
Rep:
?
Made a thread on that for you, did you get that tag? :hmmm:

Np :hugs:
Me too :woo:
Yep, I saw that thank you :hugs:
Yeah got the mention, but still not getting any quotes coming through....... :dontknow:

:party:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep, I saw that thank you :hugs:
Yeah got the mention, but still not getting any quotes coming through....... :dontknow:

:party:
They'll be able to sort it come Monday/Tuesday
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No offense but can you remove me from the tag list?

Spoiler:
Show

Just kidding hahahahaha .

Your summer sounds like it will be very exciting- I look forward to reading about it!
I tried learning Welsh last summer using Duolingo and it was really fun. Unfortunately, I won't be going to Wales any time soon so I should probably focus on French instead (not that I'm going to France either.. *cries*).
username2571271
Rep:
?
They'll be able to sort it come Monday/Tuesday
Thats good :thumbsup:

(Original post by LeCroissant)
No offense but can you remove me from the tag list?

Spoiler:
Show

Just kidding hahahahaha .

Your summer sounds like it will be very exciting- I look forward to reading about it!
I tried learning Welsh last summer using Duolingo and it was really fun. Unfortunately, I won't be going to Wales any time soon so I should probably focus on French instead (not that I'm going to France either.. *cries*).

OMG I actually thought you were being serious :toofunny:

Awww thank you :hugs: I hope you like it, and hopefully I'll complete this unlike my A-level blog
Ooh I didnt realise they had a Welsh course on duolingo, ill check that out definitely :thumbsup:
Yeah I kinda need to keep my French up too (hence the two books above) Awwwww :hugs:
OGGUS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck :rave::party:

:kungfu:
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
good luck! :kungfu: sounds like an exciting summer
username2571271
Rep:
?
(Original post by OGGUS)
Good luck :rave::party:

:kungfu:
(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
good luck! :kungfu: sounds like an exciting summer
Thank you both :thumbsup:

:kungfu: Defintely the best emoji :kungfu:
username2571271
Rep:
?
So TSR decided it would be an excellent time to stop responding............when I finished the post and wanted to submit.............so now I have to do this again

and breathe.....................

Hey everyone and welcome to my first update of my Summer Bucket List. Have I completed ny of my things? Are any in progress? Is my life all over the place? Am I losing my marbles? Will Cheese ever learn to appreciate cheesecake? Will I ever get over the fact that there is a UWS campus in London? Will I stop asking all of these questions? Ummmm lets take a look :thumbsup:

:party: :jive: Completed :jive: :party:
#16 = Get a reply/autographs from my favourite actor :woo:

- So I sent fan mail to my favourite actor (a Welsh actor called Owain Arthur) and he actually replied with a note wishing me luck with the future and he signed the 3 photos I sent him (even drawing himself as the devil on one which was just perfect ) I've been buzzing ever since

Completed = June 29th

:kungfu: In progress :kungfu:
#2 = Pass my Grade 6 guitar exam
- Did the exam on 6th July and I think it went pretty good :thumbsup: Results will be announced really soon so fingers crossed

#3 = Learn Welsh
- Yes, I've started :woo: Completed Challenges 1 and 2 on Thursday and looking forward to completing more throughout the summer

#5 = Meet with friends 5+ times this summer
- Met them last weekend for a town festival and had such a great time :thumbsup: However, a conflict within the group and the fact that most of the group left the chat (the only one im actually in) means this could be more difficult......

#14 = Get a new hairstyle
- Decided what I want, just gonna have it really short all over. Having it done on Wednesday, day before prom :giggle:

:sadpanda: Not started/done :sadpanda:
#1 Get into university
#4 Have a great time in Scotland
#6 Gain weight
#7 Read "Le racisme - expliquee a une petite fille"
#8 Read first Harry Potter book in French
#9 Cycle 14 miles to the next town and back
#10 Walk 14 miles to the next town
#11 Start running again
#12 Go to IKEA
#13 Try something new
#15 Enjoy prom
#17 Get a reply/autographs from cast of my favourite TV show
#18 Meet favourite actor
#19 Meet cast from favourite TV show

So, thats the update for the start of the summer (June 20th-July 9th) and let's see if I can get some more things ticked off the list ready for next weekend

Hope you enjoy this thread

CheeseIsVeg Michiyo UWS bizzy_penguin The_Lonely_Goatherd LeCroissant furryface12 Protostar OProblematicOne OGGUS
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So TSR decided it would be an excellent time to stop responding............when I finished the post and wanted to submit.............so now I have to do this again

Hey everyone and welcome to my first update of my Summer Bucket List. Have I completed ny of my things? Are any in progress? Is my life all over the place? Am I losing my marbles? Will Cheese ever learn to appreciate cheesecake? Will I ever get over the fact that there is a UWS campus in London? Will I stop asking all of these questions? Ummmm lets take a look :thumbsup:

- So I sent fan mail to my favourite actor (a Welsh actor called Owain Arthur) and he actually replied with a note wishing me luck with the future and he signed the 3 photos I sent him (even drawing himself as the devil on one which was just perfect ) I've been buzzing ever since

Completed = June 29th

- Did the exam on 6th July and I think it went pretty good :thumbsup: Results will be announced really soon so fingers crossed

#3 = Learn Welsh
- Yes, I've started :woo: Completed Challenges 1 and 2 on Thursday and looking forward to completing more throughout the summer

- Met them last weekend for a town festival and had such a great time :thumbsup: However, a conflict within the group and the fact that most of the group left the chat (the only one im actually in) means this could be more difficult......

- Decided what I want, just gonna have it really short all over. Having it done on Wednesday, day before prom :giggle:

#1 Get into university
#6 Gain weight
#11 Start running again
#12 Go to IKEA
#13 Try something new
#15 Enjoy prom
#18 Meet favourite actor

So, thats the update for the start of the summer (June 20th-July 9th) and let's see if I can get some more things ticked off the list ready for next weekend

CheeseIsVeg Michiyo UWS bizzy_penguin The_Lonely_Goatherd LeCroissant furryface12 Protostar OProblematicOne OGGUS
Love this!
Yet no notification :sad:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Completed = June 29th

#3 = Learn Welsh

#1 Get into university
#6 Gain weight
#11 Start running again
#12 Go to IKEA
#13 Try something new
#15 Enjoy prom
#18 Meet favourite actor

ppst did u get a notif for this ?

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOO
username2571271
Rep:
?
ppst did u get a notif for this ?

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOO
Yes I did, yay its working :woo:

and THANK YOU!!!! :jumphug:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes I did, yay its working :woo:

and THANK YOU!!!! :jumphug:
omg :woo:

:lovehug: how exciting! You're an adult now :giggle:
username2571271
Rep:
?
Hey everyone and welcome to my second update of my Summer Bucket List. How have I done this week? Am I close to completing all of my things? Does my sister like going to Vision Express? Will Cheese ever be able to say cheesecake in 28 different languages? Can I do cartwheels? Will I learn to act like a grownup? Wtf is osteopathy? Let's have a look :woo:

- I did it :woo: I may have literally scraped through (60/100 needing 60 to pass) but a pass is a pass and I'm just relieved that my last guitar exam was successful and its a nice way to finish my guitar lessons with my teacher

Completed = 11th July

#12 = Go to IKEA

- Yep, went today as part of birthday celebrations (my mum planned the whole day :thumbsup: IKEA, bowling and Frankie and Benny's ) We couldn't spend all day there but it was amazing and I bought a cushion (its a fab cushion :cube:) and a green plate with a leaf pattern on it, we also got a new toilet seat, new bowl and glass for our IKEA collection, green napkins (which I may or may not have sneaked in the trolley ) Also had chesecake at the restaurant which tasted amazing :love:

Completed = 16th July

#13 = Try something new

Altho technically I have completed this, I will keep this one ongoing to see if I do anything new spontaneously. That said, I went to my first ever concert on Friday (my birthday :love:) and it was absolutely incredible. Me and my family went to see Olly Murs and I enjoyed myself a lot and I couldnt stop moving so it was a great experience. He's so good live and so good looking too ngl (:hide:)

Completed = 14th July

- This proved to be a lot more controversial than I hoped. Got it cut and I was really impressed with it (its a lot shorter than Ive ever had it before) and dad said he liked it. We were worried about my mums reaction and it was as bad as we thought. She hated it, she even said to my dad that apparently i would get beaten up bc I look like a yob (ikr the levels of support from my mum :rolleyes:) Everyone else really likes it and even my nan (mums side) gave a better reaction than my mum (altho she wasnt a big fan but she wasnt horrible about it which was fine) Apparently my mums gotten used to it but anyway its what i like and only i can do what i want with my hair so yeah.........

Completed = 12th July

#15 = Enjoy prom

- I had my prom on Thursday night and I actually did enjoy myself. It was a ta posh hotel (ikr posh :shock:). I walked in with my friends (who r dating so yeah im a third weel pretty much :lol:) and felt kinda awkward and wanted to leave early on but my friends got me a drink and I loosedned up and started to enjoy it. I only did 2 dances (cha cha slide and conga) but it was still good I will get there one day hopefully

= Completed = 13th July

Completed = June 29th

#3 = Learn Welsh
- I did try Challenge 3 this week but got confused on how to pronounce one of the words which really prevented me from completing the lsson. Luckily I got some help and I hope to start sailing through the lessons this week. Also, was really busy this week anyway so couldnt do as much as I wanted anyway

- Met them at prom on Thursday (sort of) so that counts i guess? Group chat issue still not resolved

#1 Get into university
#6 Gain weight
#11 Start running again
#18 Meet favourite actor

So, thats the update for Week 2 of my bucket list (10th-16th July) and let's see if I can get some more things ticked off the list ready for next weekend

Michiyo UWS bizzy_penguin The_Lonely_Goatherd LeCroissant furryface12 Protostar OProblematicOne OGGUS Labrador99 CheeseIsVeg [/QUOTE]
Jinkx Monsoon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh gosh, happy (belated?) birthday!

IKEA, bowling, and F&B sounds like a really fun day out -- IKEA both interests and terrifies me because it's just so big. Like, it's practical, it's useful, but it's just scarily huge. I always feel like I'm going to get lost in there and grow old, rocking back and forth behind the DIY wardrobe department.

It sounds like you had a great week! <3
username2571271
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jinkx Monsoon)
Oh gosh, happy (belated?) birthday!

IKEA, bowling, and F&B sounds like a really fun day out -- IKEA both interests and terrifies me because it's just so big. Like, it's practical, it's useful, but it's just scarily huge. I always feel like I'm going to get lost in there and grow old, rocking back and forth behind the DIY wardrobe department.

It sounds like you had a great week! <3
Hey there :hi:

Awww thank you very much! :thumbsup:

It truly was Haha that is true, its extremely big altho tbh I would love to get lost in IKEA, I would happily live there its so fantastic and peftfect :love:

I deifnitely have :thumbsup:

Would you like to me to add you to the tag list?
Jinkx Monsoon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey there :hi:

Awww thank you very much! :thumbsup:

It truly was Haha that is true, its extremely big altho tbh I would love to get lost in IKEA, I would happily live there its so fantastic and peftfect :love:

I deifnitely have :thumbsup:

Would you like to me to add you to the tag list?
Yes, sure!!! ; V ; I'll keep up-to-date with the thread best I can!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (491)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.53%

Watched Threads