The Student Room Group

I want to go cycling so much.

I feel extremely agitated because I want to go cycling but I can't I can cycle only 2 weeks out of the year when I am at my grandmother's house as she lives in a village and it is safe.While in London it is dangerous to cycle so I can't and my parents do not want to buy me a bicycle because it is dangerous to cycle.I feel incredibly angry as my dad loves running he can run every day every hour of the day and I am at home and I can't do the thing I love which is cycling.It upsets me so much.I signed up to hockey to do some sports but to be honest I hate team sports and I don't really like hockey that much.When I cycle I am in control I can do it how long I want what time I want I am not dependent on anyone.In team sports you are dependent on others e.g. you can only play on this day at this hour.You are dependent on there being other people.I do not have good experience playing team sports as at school.

I feel upset to the point I want to cry as I feel trapped and frustrated not being able to do what I truly love and here comes my Dad all satisfied that he came back from running.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous1502
I feel extremely agitated because I want to go cycling but I can't I can cycle only 2 weeks out of the year when I am at my grandmother's house as she lives in a village and it is safe.While in London it is dangerous to cycle so I can't and my parents do not want to buy me a bicycle because it is dangerous to cycle.I feel incredibly angry as my dad loves running he can run every day every hour of the day and I am at home and I can't do the thing I love which is cycling.It upsets me so much.I signed up to hockey to do some sports but to be honest I hate team sports and I don't really like hockey that much.When I cycle I am in control I can do it how long I want what time I want I am not dependent on anyone.In team sports you are dependent on others e.g. you can only play on this day at this hour.You are dependent on there being other people.I do not have good experience playing team sports as at school.

I feel upset to the point I want to cry as I feel trapped and frustrated not being able to do what I truly love and here comes my Dad all satisfied that he came back from running.

Can you get to the velodrome or velopark? Or even hire a bike to take out to your local parks etc? You could take part in RideLondon or any of the other events that they shut roads for.

If you save your money you can probably afford to get yoru own bike. You can pick them up second hand fairly cheaply or go speak with people at the Bike Kitchen or another cycle repair shop.
Cycling in London isn't difficult. There are areas with large dedicated cycle lanes, and areas like the Hackney marshes where you can cycle for miles on never ending trails.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Cycling in London isn't difficult. There are areas with large dedicated cycle lanes, and areas like the Hackney marshes where you can cycle for miles on never ending trails.

The thing is how do you get there without cycling I live on the other side in the busy areas.
Go hyde park use a boris bike.. do lots of laps
Original post by SuperHuman98
Go hyde park use a boris bike.. do lots of laps

I will ask my parents if I may if I can I will.How can you get a Boris bike?
Original post by Anonymous1502
I will ask my parents if I may if I can I will.How can you get a Boris bike?

I cant remember but just google it should be easy
Original post by SuperHuman98
I cant remember but just google it should be easy

Thank you.
Bike hire is simple, you just pay £2 at a station with "Boris bikes", for a key or card (forgot which one) that unlocks any Boris bike from the station. Of course, the key/card expires after 24 hours and you must return the bike to a station within that time or face a fine.

Quick Reply

Latest