Mahmoodeltayieb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I recently graduated medicine from Sudan and im a british citizen, so my next step is to apply for UKFPO 2018. However, i dont think ill be able to apply for next year because i cant get the ielts results I require which is 7.5 in each module. Today was already my second attempt and unfortunately it was my last one, because results come out on the 21st and eligibility period closes on the 9th of august,meaning i wont have time for another test. According to the mistakes i count, i wont get above 7.5 yet again and im gonna have to wait for next year to apply for ukfpo 2019.

I will be staying in england for a vacation for the next couple of weeks but theres a chance ill live there too. I want your suggestions on what to do until 2019 in case i dont pass the IELTS exam.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well you can't practice medicine obviously. You are effectively a university graduate with a science degree. You can do what you want - get a job, go travelling, whatever.

Medical recruitment agencies might be able to give you more info, but obviously you will need to pass IELTS before doing anything as even an FY1 doctor.
Biba Baratheon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Mate, how are you doing. I hope you have achieved your IELTS score. Are you on the way to get into the system for 2019? Looking to know about your experience. & best wishes for your eligibility application, Thanks
DD17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi sorry if it's a stupid question but if you are British citizen why do you have to do ILETS? Did you do gcses or A levels here?
Biba Baratheon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DD17)
Hi sorry if it's a stupid question but if you are British citizen why do you have to do ILETS? Did you do gcses or A levels here?

Coz, your degree has to be from either UK institute, non European med University grads must have ielts 7.5 for ukfpo entry. I believe that it doesn’t matter if you are British or not.

I wish best of luck for all who applied
Tianlee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey...sorry for the late reply. After this post, I returned to Sudan and did my internship there. Im back here with just a few steps left to complete gmc registration and will soon apply for jobs. Thanks for the support! 😁
Saiami
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tianlee)
Hey...sorry for the late reply. After this post, I returned to Sudan and did my internship there. Im back here with just a few steps left to complete gmc registration and will soon apply for jobs. Thanks for the support! 😁
Hi, thank you for this update. Do you think your internship had helped you in your F1 post? The reason I am asking is because I am in the same boat as you were 2 years ago
Ree Ree Kole
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Saiami)
Hi, thank you for this update. Do you think your internship had helped you in your F1 post? The reason I am asking is because I am in the same boat as you were 2 years ago
When you do an internship, all you need to do is to submit your certificate of completion of internship and certificate of good standing, from the country you finished from and you will get a full registration, and will not need the UKFPO foundation program anymore. You will be able to apply for FY1 trust grade and stand alone jobs.
You will still need to pass Plab 1 and 2, and of course, IELTS, but the required marks are less. You’ll need not less than 7.0 in each module and a band 7.5 overall OR pass the OET test. I hear the OET is easier.
Last edited by Ree Ree Kole; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (44)
15.83%
I'm not sure (8)
2.88%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (98)
35.25%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.44%
I'm not a current university student (124)
44.6%

Watched Threads