Will i be penalized heavily for conclude wrongly?

Watch this thread
CYSCS
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I did explain the law correctly but due to panicking i concluded 1 issue wrongly like in land covenant question, i said the covenant is annexed to the land via s78 and explained the exception in Roake v Chadha.

On the fact, ori party expressed that covenant will only be passed by assignment. Then it was assigned expressly to a successor (second owner), now the party im advising is the (third owner), the 2nd owner did not mention anything bout covenant to him. Did i make a terrible mistake by concluding the covenant can be passed by annexation?
luq_ali
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
The answer to your question depends on your professor. If the professor is grading you on a multiple choice examination or fill in the blank type of exam, then yes, I would be concerned about providing the wrong answer.(Although some will still give you points if they can see how you arrived at the wrong place). However, most assessments are based upon NOT if you have the right answer, but your understanding of the materials in terms of your usage of them, and the advocacy with them. You can arrive at the wrong answer, get to the wrong place, but if you do so backing it up, then it is fine, because judges, given the same set of facts and law-sitting in the same courtroom-will reach different decisions or opinions, for various reasons. The law is not always so concerned with "right or wrong"-it is staking a position and then defending that position with the relevant cases, codes, rules, and using the facts of the case to show said cases, rules and codes apply.

(Original post by CYSCS)
I did explain the law correctly but due to panicking i concluded 1 issue wrongly like in land covenant question, i said the covenant is annexed to the land via s78 and explained the exception in Roake v Chadha.

On the fact, ori party expressed that covenant will only be passed by assignment. Then it was assigned expressly to a successor (second owner), now the party im advising is the (third owner), the 2nd owner did not mention anything bout covenant to him. Did i make a terrible mistake by concluding the covenant can be passed by annexation?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (148)
40.77%
The paper was reasonable (165)
45.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (33)
9.09%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
4.68%

Watched Threads