The Student Room Group

Could this get me disqualified from my GCSE exam?

In my British society history GCSE, to talk about race relations I used the incident where a conservative candidate for parliament was elected with the slogan "If you want a ni**er for a neighbour, vote Labour", but I didn't censor it. Given it had a clear historical context and was relevant in answering the question could I still get in trouble?
It was used in context, is relevant to the topic of the question, and hopefully explained so I would doubt it.
Probably not
Hah absolute joke of a thread. My teacher is an examiner for economics and he showed us some funny and insulting answers students have put and still got marks!
Reply 4
Original post by .Kekistan
In my British society history GCSE, to talk about race relations I used the incident where a conservative candidate for parliament was elected with the slogan "If you want a ni**er for a neighbour, vote Labour", but I didn't censor it. Given it had a clear historical context and was relevant in answering the question could I still get in trouble?

Hi, there. If you using the quote in context to a History exam question that is perfectly fine and ofc you will not be disqualified. :smile:
Reply 5

its a famous quote so no but shame on u
Why would you get DQed? You can go apply to be a tory MP.
Nope. I fail to understand why people censor ****** when it's used in quotes; the word is only offensive when directed towards a person or group (of people) by the speaker.

No you won't because it's a historical quote.
I almost included a quote about Muhammad Ali which included the same word

Disqualified from your GCSE? Don't you think that would be a bit overdramatic.

The phrase is used in context in an answer. Why in EARTH do you think that could possibly disqualify you?
Original post by Reality Check
Disqualified from your GCSE? Don't you think that would be a bit overdramatic.

The phrase is used in context in an answer. Why in EARTH do you think that could possibly disqualify you?

They think that because its racism and an unacceptable word to say for any human.

Quick Reply

Latest