?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
username1530463
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

It clearly shows the people are tired of the Tories, and I am, too.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"Labour will be completely unelectable and will face wipeout with Corbyn as leader".
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
And now the very real possibility of Prime Minister Corbyn soon. Perhaps there is a God after all!
I bet Gramsci would have had something to say about all this.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Not surprised ... May's been performing badly in the first two PMQs since she called a snap GE. What Corbyn needs to do is make sure the entire party is united, fight on key issues like tuition fees etc. and that will attract people to support the party (or even join the party). Party's position on Brexit needs to be clearer, the party is currently split on this.
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Theresa May ladies and gents. The only person who could lose to Jeremy Corbyn.

The state of the Conservatives has never been this *****y in my lifetime.
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
What Corbyn needs to do is make sure the entire party is united, fight on key issues like tuition fees etc. and that will attract people to support the party
And all May has to do is make sure the entire party is united, fight on key issues like tuitions fees etc. and that will ensure that the conservatives stay in power for the next five years.

If not her, then the next chap/lass.

If key policies get voted through, there will not be a vote of no confidence and no matter how popular with the polls Labour are, they will not take power.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Not surprised ... May's been performing badly in the first two PMQs since she called a snap GE. What Corbyn needs to do is make sure the entire party is united, fight on key issues like tuition fees etc. and that will attract people to support the party (or even join the party). Party's position on Brexit needs to be clearer, the party is currently split on this.
I don't agree with the Brexit thing. Labour benefits from its more obscure position. Attracts both remainers and leavers.
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm loving how stupid all the Blairites are looking right now. Despite their best efforts to undermine and remove Corbyn there is a strong chance that he will be the next PM.

Fantastic news, if only just to spite the smug Blairites.
Stoptherot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Theresa May is a complete idiot. Most of the electorate hate her, I know a good portion hate Jeremy Corbyn including myself but Theresa May failed in the home office the target was to cut immigration down to the tens of thousands in the 6 years she was there she failed to meet her target once in fact she made Osborne look respectful at meeting targets, and he didn't meet any either- however did not fail as spectacularly as Theresa May. If the tories had a Enoch Powell type leader they would of won 400+ majority. The elderly are the biggest voting group in terms of turnout and are very conservative so showing complete incompetency Theresa May proposed taking away the triple lock pension and making old people pay for there care via equity release on there homes- some of the elderly voted labour this time around but they are still mainly tories. The other issue was some university students voted twice- I hope they find these people and wallop them with a 10,000 fine and a year community service.
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Theresa May ladies and gents. The only person who could lose to Jeremy Corbyn.

The state of the Conservatives has never been this *****y in my lifetime.
She didn't lose to him though did she?
.A_C.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You Labour lot aren't winning here in Scotland - your polices are virtually the same as the SNP's (anti trident, giving students free fees, willing to give a 2nd indyref etc).

You'll have to get into bed with them to win, you couldn't even win with the tories terrible manifesto!

I will never give Labour my vote for many years to come - tactical voting for the tories is a much better option to lock the SNP and Labour OUT!
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RF_PineMarten)
"Labour will be completely unelectable and will face wipeout with Corbyn as leader".
I think we can draw parallels with the recent US election now.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by limetang)
Which is why I said, *could lose*.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by limetang)
Correct, but she did manage to lose a 20-25 point lead and her parliamentary majority to him. She's come out of the election much much weaker than before, that's why it's seen as a loss.
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Come back to me in 5 years time. Till then, keep dreaming Commies! :top2:
Shouldn't you be supporting Corbyn's anti-establishment politics rather than May's love of the status quo?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads