The Student Room Group

Accommodation Problem

how can i get accommodation since i am a foreign student
Reply 1
The same way Brits do. Check your university's website.
it's possibe that some private landlords/halls will ask for 6 months-1 year up front rent due to not wanting foreign guarantors but I think you should be able to apply for normal student halls from your uni
Original post by Isaac Asaase

Hi Isaac,

If you are an international student coming to the UK to study then you can always check out Unilodgers as we have the widest range of student accommodations available and close to university campus options with all price budgets. You can decide and choose to book one according to your preferences. We can assign you a dedicated Bookings Manager to help you understand the various options and choose what fits best with your preferences. Also if you let us know the University that you will be attending and your budget we would help you with a few options.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Isaac Asaase

Hi Isaac,

There are a lot of options for international tenants. Depending on the agent, you might be asked for an international guarantor (like what we do) or a UK based guarantor or even to pay a lump sum of rent upfront.

I would recommend looking at websites such as www.rightmove.co.uk/students and considering purpose built accommodation blocks as they're much easier to live in when coming to the UK for the first time!

Happy house hunting :smile:

Lucy @ The Shield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending