Anyone else use caffeine for studying?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
0zzu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just wanted to know other people's experiences and personal findings. I use the pill version of caffeine (coffee is too god damn expensive!).

Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0zzu)
Just wanted to know other people's experiences and personal findings. I use the pill version of caffeine (coffee is too god damn expensive!).
I used pro plus many a time! I think students are its main market
prxttyvisitor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i need energy drinks to keep me awake during revision, i hate coffee and have never heard of caffeine pills.

monster is bae :heart:
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Etoile)
I used pro plus many a time! I think students are its main market
Good grief - can you still buy ProPlus?! That takes me back! Next thing you'll be saying you can still buy Sun In!
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Students taking pills rather than drinking delicious coffee.

This is what is wrong with the world.
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0zzu)
Unfortunately I'm resistant to it, at least in coffee or energy drink form.
Etoile
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Good grief - can you still buy ProPlus?! That takes me back! Next thing you'll be saying you can still buy Sun In!
I think Sun In is gone forever but you can definitely get ProPlus in Superdrug! Though I also got some caffeine powder at Bestival last year (less dodgy than that sounds...) so they are clearly trying to innovate still as well :lol:

(Original post by Rakas21)
Students taking pills rather than drinking delicious coffee.

This is what is wrong with the world.
I don't like the taste of coffee :yucky::yucky:
DanielCross
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0zzu)
Yes, caffeine is a must! I usually drink Monster, Red Bull, Rockstar, or Relentless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mystery.
Report 4 years ago
Placebo
rissanicole14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like drinking actual coffee, it just makes studying and pulling all-nighters a little bit more pleasant.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Coffee is lovely. I don't drink it as much now because I'm not studying for exams but when I was, I had about 4-5 a day and it just helped me get through it. I would always wake up feeling like sh*t because I barely had any sleep. Turning on the kettle and making some coffee helped make my mornings a bit better and it forced me to stay awake and not crawl back into bed.
0zzu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mystery.)
Placebo
Nice academic study you linked for that vague statement!

/s
username3180692
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yh i use coffee a lot
josejuan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Three coffees per day.

Enviado desde mi XT1039 mediante Tapatalk
satisfactionatlast
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0zzu)
Yup, coffee and Redbull. They don't work and only make me sleepy. I guess it's all psychological
Samsmith7643
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 0zzu)
I can't stand the taste of coffee and find pills don't seem to work for me unless i take loads. Found a good new product called FireStar that is a direct to mouth powder. It's not that expensive and seems to keep me up. I avoid energy drinks as much as possible as don't like all the crap they contain.
username3537860
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just drink loads of coffee. When I'm in the library I take coffee sachets and a thermos and just fill it with boiling water from the canteen
Nihao_there
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've found coffee very helpful for afternoon/evening studying (and I drink it anyway - I'm from a family of enthusiastic coffee consumers...), but after a certain point of tiredness and brain fog I've found that it doesn't help much - you stay more awake but still have a shortened attention span and struggle to process information compared with not being tired in the first place. Great as a sophisticated beverage, great as iced coffee, great for short-term bursts of effort but definitely sub-optimal as a long-term strategy.
morc13
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For me coffee only makes a difference if I'm about to fall asleep. I do usually sip on coffee or tea while I study.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads