The Student Room Group

What does being in love actually feels like?

Scroll to see replies

You care about them more than you care about yourself. They are always on your mind - both good thoughts and worry. Caring about someone more than myself hit me like a tonne of bricks as I was quite selfish and self centered when I first met my partner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
Idk ask Hugh Grant

Good call!

[video="youtube;bAD2_MVMUlE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAD2_MVMUlE[/video]
Painful when the other person does not feel the same :frown:
Original post by migdetgem
Indescribible, but I'll give it a go.

It feels funny, because everything is emotionally intensified; the slightest thing becomes the best and worst thing to happen, and recognising that - I found - was pretty funny; recognising that it's only that way because it was love, was funny.

It feels sickeningly painful, because the butterflies are ever present, because they might not be okay and you might not be able to do anything about that, because something might happen and you might not see them again.

Mainly, I'd say it just feels warm and comforting. Knowing that somebody matters that much, and that they're okay, that they'll make you smile regardless of what they do. It's comforting knowing that there's someone capable of doing all of this to you.

It feels raw, because they dictate your emotions, have so much power and control over them, and that's incredibly scary.

It feels awful, because you'd do anything to make sure they're okay and sometimes it isn't possible, sometimes the best way to do that is to leave.

It feels hard, because what is right isn't always easy or painless.

It feels peculiar, when there are the odd physical sparks of something; emotional pain, arousal, nervousness - it's all peculiarly funny.

It feels curious, because damn if there's anything more interesting to learn about, to understand, than him.

Even losing it, it isn't gone. The love's still there, even if he isn't. It has its own little spot, the little region that lights up whenever he's mentioned.

It's also illuminating; recognising it for what it is, and realising that the brief crushes prior do not come close.

Aye, it's fun.

This is exactly what it feels like! Love is experiencing all of the above, good and bad, and still feeling like it's worth it.
Original post by Anonymous
This is exactly what it feels like! Love is experiencing all of the above, good and bad, and still feeling like it's worth it.

:danceboy:
Original post by Profesh
Worth experiencing at least once.

You didn't go into much detail here, what is it like for you?
You didn't go into much detail here, what is it like for you?

Why does my testimony so pique your interest?
Original post by Profesh
Why does my testimony so pique your interest?

Because I find you fascinating and you seem like an interesting person to get to know. :colondollar:
it feels great. kind of like a warm tingly feeling in your stomach that'll make you constantly want to smile when around or thinking about your crush.

then just imagine her stabbing you in the stomach and pulling all that happy stuff out when she rejects you
Because I find you fascinating and you seem like an interesting person to get to know. :colondollar:

Very well: it felt like nuclear fusion; as though the fuel of that relationship, having steadily refined itself over an interval of seven or eight months beforehand, suddenly attained critical mass and coalesced into this self-sustaining engine of devotion which felt at once both profoundly stable yet exponentially more intense and consuming than any mere fleeting infatuation or fair-weather dalliance (as would aptly describe just about all of my more recent such encounters).

Rather an inadequate metaphor; but you did ask.
Original post by Profesh
Very well: it felt like nuclear fusion; as though the fuel of that relationship, having steadily refined itself over an interval of seven or eight months beforehand, suddenly attained critical mass and coalesced into this self-sustaining engine of devotion which felt at once both profoundly stable yet exponentially more intense and consuming than any mere fleeting infatuation or fair-weather dalliance (as would aptly describe just about all of my more recent such encounters).

Rather an inadequate metaphor; but you did ask.

I love your metaphors, you are so incredibly talented with your words and I admire how much of a genius you are. I'm jealous, I wish I was as intelligent as you.
I love your metaphors, you are so incredibly talented with your words and I admire how much of a genius you are. I'm jealous, I wish I was as intelligent as you.

Alas, I certainly wish that I were as intelligent as you perceive me to be.
Original post by Profesh
Alas, I certainly wish that I were as intelligent as you perceive me to be.

Lol you mak me laugh. You disagree with how smart I perceive you? I'm surprised.
Lol you mak me laugh. You disagree with how smart I perceive you? I'm surprised.

I am frequently surprising: it's the perennial manifestation of my genius. Probably as well, mind, since at the rate you're consuming my post history I doubt there'd be much left to discover otherwise.
Original post by Profesh
I am frequently surprising: it's the perennial manifestation of my genius. Probably as well, mind, since at the rate you're consuming my post history I doubt there'd be much left to discover otherwise.

I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest, but I think you're a good person and your language skills are amazing.
I've never experienced the positive effects of being in love. For me it felt horrible, it's just constant pain no matter what you do they're just always on your mind. I swear I'm not exaggerating but it feels like your soul is being ripped out of your body and I'd do anything to go back to the days when I didn't know anything about love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending