laurenrobbins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
what novels could I compare with Wuthering Heights and under what title? I've considered something like 'Explore the ways love and obsession are presented in Wuthering Heights and...' but I can't think of another book or an alternate title!! Any help would be hugely appreciated x
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by laurenrobbins)
what novels could I compare with Wuthering Heights and under what title? I've considered something like 'Explore the ways love and obsession are presented in Wuthering Heights and...' but I can't think of another book or an alternate title!! Any help would be hugely appreciated x
Do you want similarities or differences?

You could compare Wuthering Heights with Jane Eyre. That's probably the most obvious one.
laurenrobbins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Friffinghell)
Do you want similarities or differences?

You could compare Wuthering Heights with Jane Eyre. That's probably the most obvious one.
both!! I love Jane Eyre but unfortunately the novels have to be around 50ish years apart because one of the things we're marked on is our social, historical, literary and biographical background and I don't think there would be much difference at all with Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. I probably should have mentioned that - sorry! Thank you so much for the suggestion though!
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by laurenrobbins)
both!! I love Jane Eyre but unfortunately the novels have to be around 50ish years apart because one of the things we're marked on is our social, historical, literary and biographical background and I don't think there would be much difference at all with Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. I probably should have mentioned that - sorry! Thank you so much for the suggestion though!
Wuthering Heights and Anne of Green Gables?
House of Mirth? Very clear contrast in behaviours there.
Rebecca? Du Maurier took a lot of inspiration from the same places as the Brontes.
Miss Scarlett
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rebecca is a good shout. You could also try The End of The Affair, as that's all about love and obsession. Or Lolita.

Remember that you could also study a book that is from an earlier time than Wuthering Heights.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads