Turn on thread page Beta

Everyone##s got crap German A-S grades watch

ReputationRep:
    even that we are f-ing predicted As, which screwed up my as set of grades to aaad. So what happens, anyone f-ed up the german exams like I did, and now did it put you off applying to top unis?

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 As and a C - the C in German

I got a C in the first module, a B in the second and a D in the oral! I was predicted an A in each module. It seems totally wrong and stupid, I'm not sure what happened (its AQA by the way).

I'm having it remarked.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A, but my teachers told me it was almost impossible to get an A in German. We changed exam boards this year- previously all our German results have been poor at AS, but now we're with Edexcel, between the five of us we got ACCDD, which isn't too bad really! We used to be with either OCR or AQA... can't remember... their papers were a LOT harder. The Edexcel speaking test is a joke- all you have to do is learn it all off by heart. No role plays or anything like that. A doddle.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do German, but my friend who is German (and its his first language) and moved here 2 years ago only got a lowish B! Totally fluent at english too.

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAB (B in German)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    I got AAAB (B in German)
    The question marks over grades in German are the reason I'm dropping it! I got AAAAA this year, after being certain German was going to mess them up... and now it didn't, I'm leaving well alone, because I don't trust my luck for another year!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    The question marks over grades in German are the reason I'm dropping it! I got AAAAA this year, after being certain German was going to mess them up... and now it didn't, I'm leaving well alone, because I don't trust my luck for another year!!
    I would drop it if I got an A, but I want to keep it on now to improve it to an A. Ahhh dilemma, don't know what to do!!!

ReputationRep:
    AAAB, the B in German (Edexcel). Got a D on Unit 1 (Listening & Writing), totally ridiculous. I've yet to find out what the rest of my class got - could prove interesting. I'm dropping it anyway, but I'm still annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    AAAB, the B in German (Edexcel). Got a D on Unit 1 (Listening & Writing), totally ridiculous. I've yet to find out what the rest of my class got - could prove interesting. I'm dropping it anyway, but I'm still annoyed.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me, down to the D in unit 1!

ReputationRep:
    I hope my class get rubbish results. Thatyll share out my pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Exactly the same thing happened to me, down to the D in unit 1!
    Did you do Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    Same! Did you do Edexcel?
    Nope, AQA. But it seems to have happened across the boards in German. No one in my class got above 245/300.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it does seem to be a very common complaint!i was predicted A as with all but one of the 5 in my group but no one got an A: one got a B, i got a low C ,as did 2 others, and my friend only just scraped an E!

i got D in 2 of the modules and an Ain speaking which is very strange and im sure something is wrong (shouldnt have got an A in speaking for a start!lol)

im still planning to carry it onbut think ill have to resit the 2 modules as im hoping to do german at uni and so need at least a B.

ana xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaïs)
    yeah it does seem to be a very common complaint!i was predicted A as with all but one of the 5 in my group but no one got an A: one got a B, i got a low C ,as did 2 others, and my friend only just scraped an E!

i got D in 2 of the modules and an Ain speaking which is very strange and im sure something is wrong (shouldnt have got an A in speaking for a start!lol)

im still planning to carry it onbut think ill have to resit the 2 modules as im hoping to do german at uni and so need at least a B.

ana xxx
    What were your UMS? Was this AQA? Because they marked my unit 1 really harshly.

ReputationRep:
    nopt sure about my UMS ill go check in a bit
    but yeah it was AQA, theyre so mean

they seem to be doing everything they can to discoragepeople from doing German. As if the writing topics werent bad enough they give us all rubbish marks! (lol see how its never my fault if i do badly )

ana xxx

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, I didn't realise there was a problem with the results! One of the girls at my school got a C, but me and another girl both got As. However our board was Edexcel which I heard is an easier board, and I was rather surprised at my result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaïs)
    nopt sure about my UMS ill go check in a bit
    but yeah it was AQA, theyre so mean

they seem to be doing everything they can to discoragepeople from doing German. As if the writing topics werent bad enough they give us all rubbish marks! (lol see how its never my fault if i do badly )

ana xxx
    I know! I would have carried it on to A2, but now I've got a B (when it was one of my best subjects), I'm going to give up on it. It's a shame really, cos I did love the language.

ReputationRep:
    We got 4 As from a group of 20 (at least 10+ were predicted As). My school is one of the best grammar schools in the country.

A girl holding a German scholarship from the embassy only got 270, whereas she got 290+ in French and she's the same standard in both.

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAAC (C in german)...one of my friends who is like a genius (8A*s 2 A's GCSE, A 100% further maths AS etc...) got 2 C's in French and German, i just think languages are hard subjects...

ReputationRep:
    This is getting ridiculous...

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.