Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Everyone##s got crap German A-S grades watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    A girl holding a German scholarship from the embassy only got 270, whereas she got 290+ in French and she's the same standard in both.
    A scholarship to a state school?!

ReputationRep:
    I got 278 in French, 223 in German, and I'd say I was the same standard in both.

ReputationRep:
    I got B in German,predicted an A.Doh! I did better in English Lit lol....my teacher had prepared me for a D in that!

ReputationRep:
    Why did everyone do some badly in German?! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    A scholarship to a state school?!
    A scholarship to stay in Germany for a month, including with a host family for 2 weeks and travelling around the country. Having organised day outs everyday, meeting people like their Cultural Minister and oh, getting spending money too.

So yeah, she's not bad at German, you could say. And only 272.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Because the examination system is clearly a total and utter shambles. Someone evidently needs to be shot... I'm not sure who, but I intend to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    Because the examination system is clearly a total and utter shambles. Someone evidently needs to be shot... I'm not sure who, but I intend to find out.
    But it's not exactly a good way to encourage more people to take language AS and A2 levels is it. Stupid AQA :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Stupid AQA
    I do OCR and its still the same, i just guess we have to accept that German has harder marking....i know noone that has got an A in AS (or A2...maybe they have got an A on AS resits) this year 3 A2's took german, 2 got a C and 1 got an E....out of my group (7 of us) 2 got C's, 1 got B (she is actually German, lol) 1 D 1 E and 2 U's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -xsarahx-)
    I do OCR and its still the same, i just guess we have to accept that German has harder marking....i know noone that has got an A in AS (or A2...maybe they have got an A on AS resits) this year 3 A2's took german, 2 got a C and 1 got an E....out of my group (7 of us) 2 got C's, 1 got B (she is actually German, lol) 1 D 1 E and 2 U's.
    It's so rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    Not EVERYONE did... just a disproportionate amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    Not EVERYONE did... just a disproportionate amount
    Ah, same difference!

ReputationRep:
    You guys need to look at this logically...you did badly in AS German because you're stupid, just face it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balham)
    You guys need to look at this logically...you did badly in AS German because you're stupid, just face it. :rolleyes:
    :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balham)
    if only we were all as intellegent as you obviously are, im sure then we'd of all passed with flying colours! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I got a high A in German (283), with 120/120 in one module ... I really hadn't expected to have done that well although I was expecting an A. I'm really shocked to hear about some of your results, I'm sorry guys ... but please don't be put off learning languages !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    Hmmm I got a high A in German (283), with 120/120 in one module ... I really hadn't expected to have done that well although I was expecting an A. I'm really shocked to hear about some of your results, I'm sorry guys ... but please don't be put off learning languages !
    ^^ I got similar to you (280/300) . 90/90 for Listening and Writing, 112/120 for the Reading and Writing and 78/90 for speaking (a bit low, I thought I would have done better, but it gets me the A).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dieeiervonsatan)
    ^^ I got similar to you (280/300) . 90/90 for Listening and Writing, 112/120 for the Reading and Writing and 78/90 for speaking (a bit low, I thought I would have done better, but it gets me the A).
    Ah, you didn't do AQA then, AQA was harder

ReputationRep:
    I got an A for AQA German, with full marks in the writing and near full marks in the listening and reading, so...

It does sound a bit odd that so many people have done badly after being predicted As; but then was that *just* because you got A*s at GCSE or something? It's a lot easier to do well at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you didn't do AQA then, AQA was harder
    Lol, no I did Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in OCR German. Im quite p****d off too, as my teacher had predicted me an A. In my mods I got 2 A's and an E (in what was supposed to be the easiest paper!) I dont rlly understand coz we did plenty of mocks beforehand n i got A's in them. It seems to me that almost everyone has been marked harshly in German.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.