The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ThornsnRoses
no look at the percentage of As in German http://www.education.guardian.co.uk/alevels2004/story/0,14505,1285751,00.html very low compared to a lot of subjects...

feel happy! :smile:

32%?! That's loads! :frown:
Reply 41
I did AQA, and I got my A2 results, I got a low D in my coursework, but because I aced almost every other module, I got an A overall. German is a hard subject and can be marked harshly, however, it cannot, on AQA at least, be marked any more harshly than French or Spanish.

People are blaming the exam boards like they always do, but realise that to get the A in German you have to work really hard, and if you didnt do it at AS level, A2 is gonna hurt you all hard.

Having said that, to the few that had Bs and Cs and were gonna drop it, don't. A2 is harder, but much more fun and you can retake modules and still come out with an A. My friend had a C at AS but he turned it into an A this year. It can be done. Do it.
Reply 42
Cheers for the encouragement!
Reply 43
Yeah...my boyfriend got an E at AS but then managed to pull that up to a C in his resits, just because he had been doing it for longer! Dont get me wrong, i'm very pleased about getting a C considering most of my groups got D's and E's...i didn't expect any higher, but it does seem that German is hard (well, probably hard if your not a natural linguist) :smile:
Reply 44
Eternal Fantasy
:frown: Did you do Edexcel?

My college is on the Edexcel board and the girl that moved from Germany a few years ago got a B!! I got 209/300!! Quite happy as I thought I had done truely awful in the exams but I just want that 1 mark!!! I got a D in my speaking and listening and was not expecting it to be that low.

Anyway in for another year of pain and misery.............
Reply 45
the AS results for languages are going to nearly always be crap because people havn't been doing the languages for that long and they are not a good subject to doin a modular way. I'm now doing spanish at degre level and my marks improved from As to A2. I have so much sypathy for people doing AS because when i resat my as spanish along with my A2 modules I found the AS more difficult (and came out of the exam in tears sure that i had ruined my chances of getting into my uni place) In the end i got high A's on my resits but the year below me all got D's and E's because the exam was obviously pitted at a level that was too hard for people of jsut one year advanced study.

Everyone don't loose faith, if you work really hard you'll get the grades you deserve but unlike lots of subjects languages takes lots of hard work throughout the eyar and they are not subjects that you can cram for. In theend everyone in my year go the grades that they deserved

Latest