The Student Room Group

Scariest Thorpe park ride?

Question above^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stealth perhaps? I took the front row seat last time and it was pretty scary ngl.

I think most of them are pretty average but I do quite like SAW.
Original post by UWS
Stealth perhaps? I took the front row seat last time and it was pretty scary ngl.

I think most of them are pretty average but I do quite like SAW.

I did not have a chance to take the saw but the stealth was pretty scary but the fear was momentary compared to some other rides e.g. samurai.The fear perhaps was not on the same level but it was not as short lived.
Reply 3
SAW is kinda brutal. The Swarm is the most fun imo
Reply 4
None really, If heights aren't your thing then stealth, if loops aren't then colossus, don't like jump scares then saw, don't like floating in mid air the swarm.

But tbh all are quite tame and great fun
I find them all to be lame. Been on all the big rollercoasters multiple times and I think they're boring af. Not worth the 2 hour wait in the queue. That's why I don't go to Thorpe park (or theme parks) anymore.
Reply 6
I think probably Saw the ride followed by Nemesis Inferno
Original post by Anonymous1502
Question above^

I would say Swarm is the scariest (especially the head-choppers like the billboard and the initial half-twist followed by half-loop), but it's not quite as cool as when they had the last two rows of seats backwards. That really felt out of control.

Stealth isn't really scary in the normal sense - you know exactly what's going to happen. But if you ever wanted to accelerate twice as quickly as a supercar, that's the ride to go for.

Saw is also pretty good, but I'd say it narrowly loses to Swarm.

Also, one that probably few people have though of: Rush. It's basically a normal swinging ride, but the swing angle is insane (probably about 100 degrees each way or just beyond vertical). The apparent lack of safety equipment (you get a lap restraint and a phallic-looking leg divider moulded into the seat - no shoulder restraints) makes it feel seriously unnerving. Pretty sure it's safe though - after all I survived it...
Reply 8
Original post by TheMindGarage
I would say Swarm is the scariest (especially the head-choppers like the billboard and the initial half-twist followed by half-loop), but it's not quite as cool as when they had the last two rows of seats backwards. That really felt out of control.

Stealth isn't really scary in the normal sense - you know exactly what's going to happen. But if you ever wanted to accelerate twice as quickly as a supercar, that's the ride to go for.

Saw is also pretty good, but I'd say it narrowly loses to Swarm.

Also, one that probably few people have though of: Rush. It's basically a normal swinging ride, but the swing angle is insane (probably about 100 degrees each way or just beyond vertical). The apparent lack of safety equipment (you get a lap restraint and a phallic-looking leg divider moulded into the seat - no shoulder restraints) makes it feel seriously unnerving. Pretty sure it's safe though - after all I survived it...

R.I.P slammer...:u:
Saw and Swarm.have u tries swarm backward?.fml.
Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride
Reply 11
Stealth
Original post by qasim_96
I find them all to be lame. Been on all the big rollercoasters multiple times and I think they're boring af. Not worth the 2 hour wait in the queue. That's why I don't go to Thorpe park (or theme parks) anymore.

kinda agree with you. Better parks in other countries, and waterparks are my fav anyways even in UK but the best part is having a laugh with mates and meeting new people for the time being, not just getting on rides saying "whee."
Original post by Bang Outta Order
kinda agree with you. Better parks in other countries, and waterparks are my fav anyways even in UK but the best part is having a laugh with mates and meeting new people for the time being, not just getting on rides saying "whee."

I agree. It's my mates that actually make the experience enjoyable.
Not been there in a while but several people have told me that the Derren Brown ride is by far the scariest.

Exactly. I mean, Chessington is a load of **** in comparison to other parks, but I've been there twice and enjoyed it more than any other theme park each time, because both times I went with people that I had a ****ing good laugh with.
Original post by qasim_96
I agree. It's my mates that actually make the experience enjoyable.

:yes: if ur with the right people anything can be fun
Been on all of them, none are particularly scary, Stealth is the most exciting though.
Never tried it, looks too dangerous
Original post by WoodyMKC
Not been there in a while but several people have told me that the Derren Brown ride is by far the scariest.

Exactly. I mean, Chessington is a load of **** in comparison to other parks, but I've been there twice and enjoyed it more than any other theme park each time, because both times I went with people that I had a ****ing good laugh with.

Yeahhhh. I mean, Gruffalo looks like a proper laugh https://www.chessington.com/2017/ (:toofunny:)
Yeahhhh. I mean, Gruffalo looks like a proper laugh https://www.chessington.com/2017/ (:toofunny:)

Well it's been about 10 years since I've been so that wasn't there last time I went :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest