Studying New Maths and Physics guide needed!

Watch
DecodeTalker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently working as a Developer Full Time and aim to Study a form of Engineering (Design, Mechanical, etc) when I turn 23 part-time (Currently 21)

Naturally I require Maths and Physics at a bare minimum. However A-levels have undergone a significant change the last time I did them and I need some advice on what has changed in terms of Maths and Physics such as:

- How has content changed
- Where to self teach and how to study them e.g. Exam solutions
- What material can I get and free resources available e.g. Free papers and Textbooks
- recommended Exam boards to go for e.g. AQA or Edexcel

I do plan to learn some furthermath work as I know it helps even though it is taught at Univeristy. Anyway, the above are amongst the main questions I would love to be answered - I'm sure there is more to know so please let me know

Cheers
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you are just doing maths and physics then it might be a good idea to do maths in one year as 2018 is the last year you can sit the old maths spec with almost 20 past papers for each exam. Physics is pretty much the same as old spec maybe a new topic here and there. Coursework has been removed for science subjects but you still need to do the labwork at a centre to get practical endorsement. Exams are very similar however there is an additional contextual questions that might require you to read and article, synoptic questions that test multiple topics at once and also practical interpretation questions where you might have to demonstrate practical skills like error calculations and drawing graphs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (394)
56.61%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise