The Student Room Group

A-level revision guides?

I am studying a level physics at September and I was wondering if any of you who have also studied it have any recommend revision guides, student books etc to help me prepare for it.
the exam board is AQA btw and I believe I am doing the new spec so any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by y-star7
I am studying a level physics at September and I was wondering if any of you who have also studied it have any recommend revision guides, student books etc to help me prepare for it.
the exam board is AQA btw and I believe I am doing the new spec so any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

I didn't do Physics but did the new spec for biology and chemistry.

I think for A level you've got to use the textbook. I used the textbook to gather the main knowledge and then also used the CGP revision guides for any extra things that the textbook might have missed out on.
Original post by SGHD26716
I didn't do Physics but did the new spec for biology and chemistry.

I think for A level you've got to use the textbook. I used the textbook to gather the main knowledge and then also used the CGP revision guides for any extra things that the textbook might have missed out on.

Thanks for the reply :smile:
Did you have any specific brand of textbook that you like the most ir recommend or did u just use the one they use at ur sixth form? if so which one was it? thanks
Reply 4
Original post by y-star7
Thanks for the reply :smile:
Did you have any specific brand of textbook that you like the most ir recommend or did u just use the one they use at ur sixth form? if so which one was it? thanks

I did OCR and used the endorsed textbooks. Everyone basically uses those.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level-physics-textbooks
Original post by SGHD26716
I did OCR and used the endorsed textbooks. Everyone basically uses those.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level-physics-textbooks

Thanks again, I was having trouble deciding which one to choose 🤔lol cos on Amazon they had loads for different endorsed ones.
Thanks for the link.😊
Reply 6
Original post by y-star7
Thanks again, I was having trouble deciding which one to choose 🤔lol cos on Amazon they had loads for different endorsed ones.
Thanks for the link.😊

No problem

Quick Reply

Latest