The Student Room Group

What percentage of professional women athletes were born a man?

Transgender athletes are LEGALLY and CONFIDENTIALLY allowed to participate in championships. This is due to a ruling of the New York Supreme Court in 1977.
This rule effectively allows, as far as sport is concerned, a male amateur athlete to walk off with millions in prize money for beating a world class woman athlete. The criminal elite is behind this, as they are behind so many other things.
There was that case of some german guy becoming a woman and doing amazing in the olympics and he got found out so his awards were rescinded
Are you asking because you are looking to transition after failing to make it in men's sport?
Maybe there needs to be separate transsexual championships. Of course no one will be interested in them.
Original post by Gameon321
Transgender athletes are LEGALLY and CONFIDENTIALLY allowed to participate in championships. This is due to a ruling of the New York Supreme Court in 1977.
This rule effectively allows, as far as sport is concerned, a male amateur athlete to walk off with millions in prize money for beating a world class woman athlete. The criminal elite is behind this, as they are behind so many other things.

Who did you come second to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gameon321

The ruling you're talking about referred only to the US Open tennis tournament, and I guess set could be read as precedent for other American sports competitions. But US courts can't rule on the ATP/WTA, or FIFA, or the IOC, since they don't have jurisdiction over them.

It's largely irrelevant now, because the division between Men and Women in professional athletics is no longer determined by chromosomes but by hormonal level, after the controversy caused by Caster Semenya and other intersex athletes. Transwomen are allowed to compete in the Women's events if they meet the testosterone levels specified, just like everyone else.

Eventually I expect they'll have to move to a class-based division similar to boxing weights, based on some combination of hormone levels, weight-to-height ratios, etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
If we go from the number of people that are transgender, or transition in general, I would expect the number is fairly low.
*was. The antecedent is 'percentage'.
it depends. i don't see it as unfair. largely since imuscle mass decreases once they transition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending