Tolis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I am a recent Economist form Greece and I would like to continue my studies with a master in Accounting and Finance or Finance. I think the latter is going to be my option.

My profile is:
  • Economics Graduate (with distinction - 1st) in a greek university
  • IELTS score 7
  • Previous volunteering work experience in a Student Association (AIESEC in sales department), organising events (debate championship, conferences) BUT no related finance work experience/internships
  • AWARDS: Best paper in Finance and in Human Resource Management in my university, semi-finalist in a Business Simulator Competition
  • Research in Finance - Risk Management
  • GMAT: not attempt
  • Spoken languages: Greek, English, willing to learn a new language
  • Previous Exchange programs (ERASMUS) for 6 months at KU LEUVEN

So, my options about a master in continental Europe are:

1. KU Leuven MSc in Business Engineering Major in Finance (Belgium)
  2. KU Leuven MSc in Financial & Actuarial Engineering (Belgium)
  3. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Advanced MSc in Finance and Investments (Netherlands)
  4. University of Amsterdam MSc in Finance (Netherlands)
  5. Tilburg University MSc in Finance (Netherlands)
  6. University of Vienna MSc in Banking and Finance (Austria)
  7. WU University MSc Quantitative Finance (Austria - I think is waste of time)

The question that is raised is: "Which uni I should opt for my Master in terms of good employability after my graduation“ if you bare in mind that I can't afford an expensive UK master with 20k+ fees. Additionally, I know that you are planning to do a master in the country which you would like to work and live, but in terms of market conditions (salary, job placements) which country should I choose Belgium or Netherlands? Do you know any other uni with a good potential in terms of the above?Deliberately, I didn’t put on the list St. Gallen University (Swiss) and SSE (Stockholm) due to high living cost.

Finally, do you think my profile with a decent GMAT score is going to be able to secure a scholarship/tuition wavier from UK top school?

Thank you in advance for your time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.33%
No I am happy with my choice (82)
56.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.94%

Watched Threads