F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Name:  British-Grand-Prix-Formula-1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  268.9 KB

It's summer, the sun has been out for many days so in conjunction with the TSR summer hub, why not have fun with some race predictions

The prize:
Spoiler:
Show

we will organise for some TSR staff to give you alot of rep

How do I submit my predictions?
You simply set out your top three like this:
1) Hamilton
2) Vettel
3) Ricciardo

Rules

1) You are only allowed one prediction
2) You must submit this prediction 10 minutes before the start of the race (1pm GMT) - so make sure to submit before 12.50pm
3) Because TSR permits the editing of your posts, you are allowed to edit your prediction as many times as you like BUT do remember that the prediction at 12:50pm will be the one recorded for an entry.

:f1:

Background stuff:
It can be safely said that one of the biggest races of the F1 season is about to kick off this weekend :woo:; the F1 circus travels to the UK with the race being held at the infamous Silverstone circuit. Crowds are expected to flock in to the grand stands and general admission areas to hopefully witness a Brit triumph with a victory for Lewis Hamilton. Speaking of Silverstone, check out The Guide to the British Grand Prix thread which is written up nicely by quasa; we are fortunate to have a tsr member who has been to this race enough times and has some neat advice to share with everyone about attending

Drivers championship standing:
If you don't follow F1 much, you may want to use this table to help you a little (+ read below)
Attachment 672918

Tips for predictions:
Notably, Ferrari and Mercedes have the best cars so your best bet would be to pick from either of Hamilton, Bottas or Vettel to win the race; Raikkonen is probably the weakest driver out of Ferrari and Mercedes so could possibly be picking up 3rd place at most. Typically Mercedes are believed to have the quickest car, marginally ahead of Ferrari who have a really quick car. Red Bull are not too far behind and will be ready to pick up the pieces should the front two teams have problems. Hamilton will undoubtedly have the edge over Bottas with the home crowd.

Good luck!:cool:

Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a big car fan, but don't really follow racing much (watching F1 these days is boring, especially with the rubbish-sounding turbo V6 engines #BringBackV10). But I'll give it a go (may edit depending on qualifying positions):

Vettel
Hamilton
Ricciardo
username1450924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Am looking forward to the race. Not one for making predictions, but am hoping that Hamilton wins this weekend.
HaveFa1th
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Realistic =
HAM
VET
RIC

But My prediction is:

VET
BOT
HAM
RockSteel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hmmm i predict that HAM will go out of the race due to failure of the car or an accident.

Top 3:

VETTEL
BOTTAS
RAIKKONEN
Kandiman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) Vettel
2) Bottas
3) Kimi
sisisimoore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Excellent once again from Hammilton!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.6%
Fairly positive (226)
33.33%
Just another year... (268)
39.53%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.53%

Watched Threads