The Student Room Group

Proof of address?

Hey!

I'm 18 and I'm in need of providing proof of my address to the bank to open a student account.

I don't pay any utility bills, and I have had paperless statements for a long time now. I'm not sure what else is viable proof for my address?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by bhfn
Hey!

I'm 18 and I'm in need of providing proof of my address to the bank to open a student account.

I don't pay any utility bills, and I have had paperless statements for a long time now. I'm not sure what else is viable proof for my address?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A paperless statement is often okay.

The bank you're applying to will have a giant list of acceptable ID - which bank is it? Often your NI letter will suffice.
Do you have any letters from college?
Original post by bhfn
Hey!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have online banking with your current account? If so, you should be able to login and print out a paper copy of your latest statement. That will have your address written on it.
My bank were just able to check I was registered on the electoral roll. Therefore, I didn't need to provide proof of address.
Reply 5
Thank you all!

I completely forgot about my NI letter, hopefully it will be fine for Halifax?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by bhfn
Thank you all!

I completely forgot about my NI letter, hopefully it will be fine for Halifax?

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.halifax.co.uk/securityandprivacy/privacy/proving-your-identity/

We accept statements printed from Online Banking.

Reply 7

Quick Reply