Turn on thread page Beta

The Science of The Holy Qur'an pt 2 - Science of The Mind watch

ReputationRep:
    As-Salaam-Alaikum:

Praise be to Allah, The Lord of The Worlds for the gift of The Holy Qur'an!

I wanted to start this discussion as a follow up to an earlier discussion. The earlier discussion spoke of the numerous scientific facts and principles revealed in The Holy Qur'an. I wanted this discussion to focus on how Allah also gave us the science of the minds and spirits of people, including for ourselves, to make ourselves into better spiritual beings and to allow us to avoid the trappings of disbelief and hypocrisy.

So, throughout The Holy Qur'an, a book which in and of itself is a wonderful miracle, we are instructed on what to do to strengthen our spiritual minds, how to excel in speech and argument. We are given, by Allah, insights into ourselves, so that we will not be ungrateful, we are given insights into envy and jealously, so that will know the signs of those detrimental characteristics in ourselves, and in other people-the goal being self improvement to become better servants of Allah. We are given insights into the mind of the disbelievers and the hypocrites, how they will act, how they will talk, what they will argue,(and this is VERY important as a warning to us not to turn into a hypocrite and disbeliever ourselves and display these very characteristics!) And, then Allah also tells us what we should say to them. We are taken on a journey, through time to the past to read about the minds and hearts of those who have come before, we are given details by Allah of their thoughts, their actions, how some said they believed, but did not. We are given insights of what people in the present will say and do and even given insights into the future speech of those of evil, to come. Praise be to Allah, The Lord of The Worlds for the gift of The Holy Qur'an!

For example, we are told there will always be that class of persons who will come among The Believers, seeking to cause trouble, seeking to turn us from our faith, spreading lies, and deceptions, whose singular mission is to try to make Believers and those who are sincerely interested in Islam stop believing or seeking Allah's Light. We are told about how difficult times will come, which will be personally trying, and yet, given the solution to the crisis right inside The Holy Qur'an. We are told about how we may become down, depressed, sad, or discouraged, but then Allah gives us the healing and the antidote in The Holy Qur'an! The purpose of this post is raise discussion among The Believing family on this topic, allow for the free exchange of experiences, testimonials and information among The Believers, and to serve as a forum discussion of learning for those who are sincerely trying to learn about the beauty and majesty of The Holy Qur'an, and whom wish to ask questions not for the purpose of debate, but for the purpose of enlightenment and learning. Inshallah we can share personal experiences and talk about issues to show forth how The Holy Qur'an is a book, which, really, long before there were psychiatrists and long before there were psychologists or profilers, there was A Clear Book, given free of charge, by Allah, called The Holy Qur'an to diagnose and heal! Praise be to Allah, The Lord of The Worlds for the gift of The Holy Qur'an!

So, that is the "who" this discussion is intended for, but of course, we already know that there will appear those of ill will, to try to discourage,disrupt, dissuade and distract from the positive goals-we see them in other discussion points and undoubtedly, they will appear here. But take cheer, for we have been given, as Believers by Allah in The Holy Qur'an, the warning about them so that we can recognize them when we see them.

ReputationRep:
    So what's the science?

ReputationRep:
    Are you suggesting psychology is a science?

ReputationRep:
    A step by step approach to life and living that is a healing. No other spiritual book has illuminated the deficiencies I indicated, both spiritual and mental, and gave insights in such a way to allow a person to clearly discern paths.

(Original post by AppleB)
    So what's the science?

ReputationRep:
    What is your definition of science? I think we need to start there. If you go to Merriam Webster's Dictionary, for example, you will find several definitions, here are two:

Definition of science

1. 1 : the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding
    2. 2a : a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study of theology b : something (such as a sport or technique) that may be studied or learned like systematized knowledge

The Webster's Dictionary on my shelf gave the following concise definition: a systematically organized body of knowledge on a particular subject.

Now, in using those definitions, clearly they apply to the methodology of The Holy Qur'an which I described. In terms of my referring to modern techniques of mental health such as in the career professions of Psychology, Psychiatry, or the examples of a Profiler(Behavioral Science, all those professions involve analysis of a systematically organized body of knowledge. For example, a criminal profiler of a serial killer would really upon previous cases and disorders...sadism is a mental illness, which has been studied a great deal. If the crime scene in the aforementioned example revealed the victim was tortured...well, I think you can fill in the rest. However, I merely compared the healing and discernment modalities found in The Holy Qur'an to these later areas, because it predates the modern professions by 1400 years.

(Original post by Quady)
    Are you suggesting psychology is a science?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.