Why do girls never approach or tell their crush they like him? Watch

David Maverick
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Multiple times girl's would glance or crush on me, but they would never approach they would give me 'hints' and I'd approach and it'd be all good but stil why? WHY do girls not just take the initiative like sometimes it's hard to even notice the hints
Aztec Chic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The fear of rejection maybe or they're just too shy
username1837067
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by David Maverick)
Multiple times girl's would glance or crush on me, but they would never approach they would give me 'hints' and I'd approach and it'd be all good but stil why? WHY do girls not just take the initiative like sometimes it's hard to even notice the hints
Because 99% of the time it never works. Men like a woman who's fairly independent and isn't running after them. it's just a basic attraction thing, men usually like what is difficult to attain. I think it's maybe because men have some subconscious thing where they think that if a woman offers herself up to them, they probably have done or would do that a lot, therefore can't be trusted. Unfortunately it's a typical norm that men have done the chasing and if it's going to change it'll happen in veeeeery slow progress. So come back in two centuries maybe.
David Maverick
Rep:
?
(Original post by banoffeee)
Because 99% of the time it never works. Men like a woman who's fairly independent and isn't running after them. it's just a basic attraction thing, men usually like what is difficult to attain. I think it's maybe because men have some subconscious thing where they think that if a woman offers herself up to them, they probably have done or would do that a lot, therefore can't be trusted. Unfortunately it's a typical norm that men have done the chasing and if it's going to change it'll happen in veeeeery slow progress. So come back in two centuries maybe.
Well that's a bummer, being a former introvert and stupid when it came to girls, that's so ****ed, like the amount of opportunities I missed due to shyness and not noticing girls, I'd love to be approached like i guarantee 99% of boys would love to be approached by girls and most likely not reject them
username1837067
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well that's a bummer, being a former introvert and stupid when it came to girls, that's so ****ed, like the amount of opportunities I missed due to shyness and not noticing girls, I'd love to be approached like i guarantee 99% of boys would love to be approached by girls and most likely not reject them
Yeah that's what you'd think but actually i've tried it, I know girls that have tried it, and more often than not it just doesn't work.
Even though you'd think you like it, quite often human beings don't actually know what they'd like.
A girl needs to show her interest in you but not too strong or else she'd lose her magic.
Mad Sounds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What kind of hints do you mean?
Luluroo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's true, 99% of the time it doesn't work :dontknow:
eden3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because apparently it's only men who have to deal with rejection..
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with the fonts that it doesn't work
inb4 you so so sexist
David Maverick
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Sounds)
What kind of hints do you mean?
Constantly staring at you then looking away, makes eye contact with you a lot, bumps into you, coincidentally being very close to you, when you walk by her friends they giggle,smiles at you but doesn't approach I think I may be wrong but usually this is what happens, until I approach and talk to them
AlQaholic
Badges: 12
Report 1 year ago
Girls will be incredibly shy or nervous to make the first mve, they're just testing the waters with you hoping notice them and approach them.

They also don't want to be rejected, this would completely shatter them as opposed to the girl rejecting the guy.

Guys tend to be better at dealing with rejection
bobby147
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My life would be so much easier if girls did approach their crushes .
How is a guy supposed to know if a girl likes him ?
Mad Sounds
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say i'm an attractive guy, around an 8/10. In clubs, girls are drunk and more likely to approach you. It obviously boosts my confidence, most of the girls who do approach are usually more confident/slutty which doesnt make you feel special as they've probably tried it on with a few guys that night.
The remaining girls will basically look at you or be a bit closer to you for them to notice (youll know when it happens).
That lifestyle doesn't really get me going though, if i see a girl i think is interesting though, i'll get her number depending on how i feel.
I thought girls were incredibly stuck up but from experience girls are very nice people (maybe because i'm attractive), and if they would reject you, they'll do it nicely to not make you feel like shi.t
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I thought girls were incredibly stuck up but from experience girls are very nice people (maybe because i'm attractive), and if they would reject you, they'll do it nicely to not make you feel like shi.t
That's crazy how you say it but most guys (esp on here) think differently.
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some girls do approach. But there's total double standards because as much as you complain about girls not approaching- when they do there's always some guy calling her a ho for doing it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I know I would...
Newbie_noob
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say i'm an attractive guy, around an 8/10. In clubs, girls are drunk and more likely to approach you. It obviously boosts my confidence, most of the girls who do approach are usually more confident/slutty which doesnt make you feel special as they've probably tried it on with a few guys that night.
The remaining girls will basically look at you or be a bit closer to you for them to notice (youll know when it happens).
That lifestyle doesn't really get me going though, if i see a girl i think is interesting though, i'll get her number depending on how i feel.
From my experience girls tend to respect/be nice to guys who are better looking, when I was unfit I'd barely get any attention and even in conversations I'd get the impression that maybe she isn't taking me seriously. Fast forward to now, I'm older, fit and way more attractive and I get plenty of attention from girls (even the prettiest ones) and more respect. Life can be tough being a guy, you have to take lead in everything, whether it be relationships or worklife. That is just something you learn with age. I'm only 21 but hey whatever.
Mad Sounds
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by loveleest)
That's crazy how you say it but most guys (esp on here) think differently.
Well it's only in movies you see a girl slap an ugly guy who approaches her. You can be a 4/10 and get with an 8/10 if you have a good personality. I guess if you approach a girl when you know she's out of your league and you're awkward then you can expect to recieve a hostile goodbye but most girls enjoy the attention from guys anyway so they'll basically recieve your approach and basically begin to gauge you as a person. If she likes your personality, then it's all good. It just so happens that being attractive as a guy just means they'll let you off if you're a bad conversationalist given you're not insecure or whatever.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Constantly staring at you then looking away, makes eye contact with you a lot, bumps into you, coincidentally being very close to you, when you walk by her friends they giggle,smiles at you but doesn't approach I think I may be wrong but usually this is what happens, until I approach and talk to them
I've had girls show all these so-called signs, but when I have asked them out I usually get rejected. They mean nothing; anyone could give you those "signs".
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had girls show all these so-called signs, but when I have asked them out I usually get rejected. They mean nothing; anyone could give you those "signs".
Exactly, they're signs of attraction. Just because she is attracted to you doesn't mean she wants to date you. Not referring to 'you' as in yourself but to all guys in general.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (151)
18.67%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.77%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.06%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.22%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.77%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.53%

Watched Threads