Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone here believe 9/11 was an inside job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know this has been well debated before but I want the opinion of current users.

I was just discussing the September 11th attacks with some Americans, and they seem absolutely convinced the whole thing was premeditated - pointing to evidence such as; Tower 7 falling seemingly on its own despite not being hit by a plane, the buildings being designed with plane crash in mind, apparent traces of thermite at the wreckage etc.

Personally I'm not convinced it was, but I think there are some questions in dire need of a proper answer.

Curious to see what you all think.

ReputationRep:
    Everything was planned and executed as required (my view).

ReputationRep:
    I believe the CIA knew it was going to happen but decided to let it happen to give them a pretext to invade Afghanistan and eventually Iraq, under false evidence of MWD's.

I believe they also rigged the building in some fashion to allow it to collapse.

I don't believe Osama bin Laden was a CIA operative or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmt)
    Everything was planned and executed as required (my view).
    But by who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    But by who?
    Satan and his goons, no joke.

ReputationRep:
    Bush did 9/11

ReputationRep:
    Yes,honestly i do
    bunch of cavemen in afghanistan/pakistan outsmarted the whole US govt and orchestrated biggest attack ever and pentagon had no clue?
    Also this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalLight)
    I believe the CIA knew it was going to happen but decided to let it happen to give them a pretext to invade Afghanistan and eventually Iraq, under false evidence of MWD's.

I believe they also rigged the building in some fashion to allow it to collapse.

Not as far-fetched as it sounds.

ReputationRep:
    All buildings are designed with a plane crash in mind - as in in case of an earth quake, explosion or a Godzilla attack sky scrapers collapse straight down instead of topping over like dominos and destroying half the city. It's a basic requirement to ensure the least amount of damamge.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The relevant south park episode gives my opinion on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwarf-Shortage)
    Yes,honestly i do
    bunch of cavemen in afghanistan/pakistan outsmarted the whole US govt and orchestrated biggest attack ever and pentagon had no clue?
    Also this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
    I was actually going to bring that up but forgot
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Some people are seriously deluded.

Often the same ones who believe in superstition, faeries, intelligent design and deities.

Spoiler:
    Show

Perhaps it's something the government puts in the water to make us all paranoid.

Go figure.

ReputationRep:
    No,no intelligent person would believe 9/11 was an inside job.
    People who think the only the world's best intelligence agency only way to invade a country is to fly an aircraft airliner into their country's buildings should realise that is why they were never good enough to join an intelligence agency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)

Often the same ones who believe in superstition, faeries, intelligent design and deities.

Spoiler:
    Show

Go figure.

You woke AF
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by EternalLight)

Why would they be so desperate to invade Afghanistan that they would organise one of the biggest events in human history? There's no way you could cover something like this up - too many people would need to know.

I have to be careful with my words in this thread because conspiracy theories really do get on my nerves, especially one as unlikely as this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)

Spoiler:
    Show

Go figure.

What do you say to the (perfectly valid) evidence to the contrary though. They were actually going to do a similar thing in the 60's, then there's the thing about Tower 7.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know bruh.

Although it was a tragic moment in human history, you have to remember that it was 16 years ago. You can't travel back in time and stop it from happening, so theirs no point on dwelling on that depressing moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by psuspark)
    All buildings are designed with a plane crash in mind - as in in case of an earth quake, explosion or a Godzilla attack sky scrapers collapse straight down instead of topping over like dominos and destroying half the city. It's a basic requirement to ensure the least amount of damamge.
    No they aren't.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by cbreef)
    What do you say to the (perfectly valid) evidence to the contrary though. They were actually going to do a similar thing in the 60's, then there's the thing about Tower 7.
    What valid evidence?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.