Nothing actually goes away people just stop talking about it

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
People aren't magically cured because they stop talking about it
maybe they just dont want to talk about it because nobody gets it and they are stuck with it and they are fed up of boring everyone all the time
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I thought things were getting better. Turns out I was just in denial.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
People aren't magically cured because they stop talking about it
maybe they just dont want to talk about it because nobody gets it and they are stuck with it and they are fed up of boring everyone all the time
Hi there. Assuming you are talking about mh issues I can tell you that at least some people do get better. It's a long journey, but it is possible. Best thing to do if you are struggling would be to go talk to your GP they can give you advice and set you up with some help.
Although some people do just stop talking about it and continue to suffer under the surface you can get better. And talking is actually one of that ways to do that. Therapy is very good for helping mh issues. It can take a while to get used to and you may find that medication is also needed for some time, but therapy is a huge help to loads of people.

I personally found group therapy very helpful as it showed me that I was not alone. I developed depression around GCES time and eventually got help for it towards the end of college. I took some medication and went to therapy. It was a long process and I had some bumps along the way, but I am happy to say that I am not depression free. And I am 100% serious about that. I am not trying to paint a positive picture or give you hope for the sake of it. I am honestly better and I know a lot of other people who have improved or recovered from very dark places too.

It is possible. I promise.
username1942323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
they just dont want to talk about it because nobody gets it and they are stuck with it and they are fed up of boring everyone all the time
That exactly me when someone asks me what's up, i just idk coz it's same things that depress me.
Ppp do get fed up of hearing the same things

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (20)
7.66%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.62%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.56%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (72)
27.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.01%

Watched Threads