Turn on thread page Beta

What do u say about these A-Level choices? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen to do Business Studies, Classics, History and ICT for my AS Levels. Can u please tell me if these are good subjects to take and if I get good grades in them wil I be able to get into a good uni like for e.g manchester, umist or Aston.
    I want to do business management or accounting at uni so will these be useful subjects to take?

ReputationRep:
    Business management, provided you got the grades, would suit your choices fine.

However, if you chose to go into accounting, I would think you'd need an AS level in maths - if not an A2. I am not an expert, but to be an accountant, an economics or maths A level would seem necessity...

Otherwise those choices are good, and best of luck to you in your AS year

ReputationRep:
    I always advise people to at least try Maths, but otherwise I would say your choices are fine. I do Business and ICT and the only problem with either is the coursework in ICT, which is a real b*tch!

ReputationRep:
    great choice, you should try maths though.

get good grades you can get in anywhere

ReputationRep:
    If you're good with computers do computing instead of ICT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    If you're good with computers do computing instead of ICT.
    Admittedly computing has a better reputation. But ICT is very relevent and useful for a Business Management degree.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your AS Levels.

ReputationRep:
    I did Business and ICT, and will be going on to do Business Management at Uni in a couple of weeks - so yeah, good subjects to do.

ReputationRep:
    classics and history are good, try and keep them on board even when opting for something businesslike ..

ReputationRep:
    But if I decided to drop Business Studies at AS either because I don't get a good grade in it or because unis don't respect it that much would I still be able to do business management at uni??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Business management, provided you got the grades, would suit your choices fine.

However, if you chose to go into accounting, I would think you'd need an AS level in maths - if not an A2. I am not an expert, but to be an accountant, an economics or maths A level would seem necessity...

Otherwise those choices are good, and best of luck to you in your AS year
    Funnily enough iwas thinking of law combined with accounts and the uni's i have looked at have only asked for B at GCSE for maths.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to be that good at Maths to be an accountant, that's what Excel's for

ReputationRep:
    I would say those are good choices as history, and I presume classics, teach you to think analytically, whereas busines studies and ICT are more directly related to your future career aspirations. But I agree with some of the others that you'd probably need to take maths for accountancy.

ReputationRep:
    hiya am doing economicz 4 a levels and i wnt u 2 tell me if economixcz iz important 4 accountancy, as i wnt 2 do dat at college. am thinkin of dropping it out but i dont knw if i shud, plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me :confused:

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.