Business Studies help :)

Watch this thread
sabahshahed294
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi.
I'm not appearing for GCSES but I am self-studying the subject to help me out in university as I'm planning a degree in it. I would like some help in a few doubts.

Now, I was studying about Productivity, I have a question based on it so here it goes.

It is considered that when employees in a firm having a greater efficiency, the amount of output per employee rises and this the cost of producing the product falls. It might be a silly question but, why does the cost of producing the product decrease? Confused on this.
miacat
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sabahshahed294)
Hi.
I'm not appearing for GCSES but I am self-studying the subject to help me out in university as I'm planning a degree in it. I would like some help in a few doubts.

Now, I was studying about Productivity, I have a question based on it so here it goes.

It is considered that when employees in a firm having a greater efficiency, the amount of output per employee rises and this the cost of producing the product falls. It might be a silly question but, why does the cost of producing the product decrease? Confused on this.
Because the employee is inputting more effort - this is what makes the firm more efficient. An efficient employee will, in theory, work harder, meaning the cost of production (ie, employing more staff, purchasing more raw materials) should go down.
sabahshahed294
Rep:
(Original post by miacat)
Because the employee is inputting more effort - this is what makes the firm more efficient. An efficient employee will, in theory, work harder, meaning the cost of production (ie, employing more staff, purchasing more raw materials) should go down.
Thanks
sabahshahed294
Rep:
(Original post by miacat)
Hello, would you mind helping me out with something again?
My question is that,

If it happens that two sectors have comparatively the same rate of employment then as we compare the level of output, do we say for example, "The level of output and employment is higher in the primary and secondary sectors as compared to the tertiary sector." Is this possible? Or must it be one all the time? If yes/no then why? I have mostly seen examples of one sector being compared with two sectors but I just asked thinking if it's possible or not and felt confused.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
23.53%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.82%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
11.76%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
8.82%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
20.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
26.47%

Watched Threads