gymcattaylah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone! I am in a huge dilemma as i cannot choose which university course i would like to do! i have do work experience in a doctors surgery and i am planning on doing some in GSK but im not sure if it will help me decide! I would love to be a doctor but i would also like to go into research therefore i am finding it extremely difficult to choose between the two .
This is a huge dilemma as I am going to open days and I do not have enough time to look at both subjects therefore if anyone could offer some insight into either of the courses or could help me choose between the two it would be appreciated , Thank You
-Taylah
hakunaXmatata
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by gymcattaylah)
Hi everyone! I am in a huge dilemma as i cannot choose which university course i would like to do! i have do work experience in a doctors surgery and i am planning on doing some in GSK but im not sure if it will help me decide! I would love to be a doctor but i would also like to go into research therefore i am finding it extremely difficult to choose between the two .
This is a huge dilemma as I am going to open days and I do not have enough time to look at both subjects therefore if anyone could offer some insight into either of the courses or could help me choose between the two it would be appreciated , Thank You
-Taylah
I'm in a similar situation, I can't really choose between biochemistry and neuroscience! Your work experience is good for both, which one interests you more? You should look online at the modules in biochemistry for different universities and see what interests you, some are more flexible than others. If you did medicine, do you know what you would do after you graduate, for example psychiatry/pediatrics? I guess if you do choose biochemistry and then change your mind you could go into graduate medicine, although it's really competitive and I think it's a bit more expensive!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (491)
33.42%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads