The Student Room Group

Biochemistry or medicine!!??

Hi everyone! I am in a huge dilemma as i cannot choose which university course i would like to do! i have do work experience in a doctors surgery and i am planning on doing some in GSK but im not sure if it will help me decide! I would love to be a doctor but i would also like to go into research therefore i am finding it extremely difficult to choose between the two .
This is a huge dilemma as I am going to open days and I do not have enough time to look at both subjects therefore if anyone could offer some insight into either of the courses or could help me choose between the two it would be appreciated , Thank You
-Taylah :smile:
Original post by gymcattaylah
Hi everyone! I am in a huge dilemma as i cannot choose which university course i would like to do! i have do work experience in a doctors surgery and i am planning on doing some in GSK but im not sure if it will help me decide! I would love to be a doctor but i would also like to go into research therefore i am finding it extremely difficult to choose between the two .
This is a huge dilemma as I am going to open days and I do not have enough time to look at both subjects therefore if anyone could offer some insight into either of the courses or could help me choose between the two it would be appreciated , Thank You
-Taylah :smile:

I'm in a similar situation, I can't really choose between biochemistry and neuroscience! Your work experience is good for both, which one interests you more? You should look online at the modules in biochemistry for different universities and see what interests you, some are more flexible than others. If you did medicine, do you know what you would do after you graduate, for example psychiatry/pediatrics? I guess if you do choose biochemistry and then change your mind you could go into graduate medicine, although it's really competitive and I think it's a bit more expensive!

Quick Reply

Latest