Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

July 12th: Have you ever had a holiday romance? Watch

• Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    As part of The Surgery’s Summer of Sex, this week we’re talking about having fun in the sun, and how to stay safe when you can sometimes let go of your inhibitions.

Have you ever had a holiday romance? Or a holiday horror? Romantic kisses over tropical sunsets or sand in your bits and an unwanted STI?

Whatever it is, we want to hear your holiday love and sex stories right here on The Student Room!

Share your experiences below, and tune in to Radio 1 on Wednesday 12th July at 9pm.

Please note: you can post on this forum anonymously.

Having one right now. Got five people on the go on Tinder

ReputationRep:
    Nope

Before the iphone and internet...

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago I met a guy in a local park by chance, we were chatting about dogs (YAS PUPPERS!) and were having a laugh. He asked for my number and I gave it to him without a second thought.

We messaged for a few days before agreeing to meet up. I can only come to the conclusion that on the original meeting I must have been on drugs or having a fugue. This guy was AWFUL.

His oral hygiene was iffy. He had a dodgy tongue piercing. He was thick as mince. What was I thinking?!!?

But because I had chatted with him sporadically throughout the week I couldn't be rude and run off. So I stayed, and he was telling me how wonderful I was and how he would make me the happiest girl in the world etc etc etc. All the while in my head I just wanted to die.

He tried to kiss me at the end of our date and I literally slithered out of it.

After that I tried to ghost him. But DAMN he was so persistent. He stalked my social media and started messaging my friends and family to make sure I was ok. Then I had to explain this absolute neckbeard to all and sundry.

Quite humiliating.

I also went on a blind double date with a friend who set it up- I thought she wasn't a sadist. Turns out she was. The guy was really rotund. Like Violet Beuregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after she was turned into a blueberry. The clincher was when we went to pay for dinner (we went dutch 4 ways) and he took his wallet out of his pocket and a steak bake flopped out and slapped onto the floor with a really loud 'THWAP'. It was one of those absurd moments where time stops entirely. I wanted to ask how long it had been there and why he had an emergency steak bake in his pocket... but it was such a ridiculous question that I got a fit of the giggles and couldn't stop laughing all the way home.

I am not an awful person. Honest.

ReputationRep:
    I'd hardly call it a romance, but I fingered a girl in the woods when we went on a weekend caravanning holiday when I was 13 :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I'd hardly call it a romance, but I fingered a girl in the woods when we went on a weekend caravanning holiday when I was 13 :rofl:
    Bit young!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banoffeee)
    Bit young!
    I blame the destination, there was **** all to do :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I blame the destination, there was **** all to do :rofl:
    Would be funny if it was a scouts camping trip

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- when I was 17 and on holiday with my parents he was a couple of years older and he waited until my dad had gone to the bar as he was too scared of him to come and speak to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banoffeee)
    Would be funny if it was a scouts camping trip
    Nope, just my dad and step-mum being cheap-asses under the guise of "It'll be an experience!". As it transpired, though, it did actually turn out to be a very new experience :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmaire80)
    Yeah- when I was 17 and on holiday with my parents he was a couple of years older and he waited until my dad had gone to the bar as he was too scared of him to come and speak to me
    Well you know what dads are like...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    Have you ever had a holiday romance? Or a holiday horror? Romantic kisses over tropical sunsets or sand in your bits and an unwanted STI?
    I can't honestly say that I'd even think to complain about the above emboldened at this point in my sexual famine.....

Spoiler:
    Show

the tropical kisses over romantic sunsets I still haven't gotten to lowering myself to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friffinghell)
    A few years ago I met a guy in a local park by chance, we were chatting about dogs (YAS PUPPERS!) and were having a laugh. He asked for my number and I gave it to him without a second thought.

We messaged for a few days before agreeing to meet up. I can only come to the conclusion that on the original meeting I must have been on drugs or having a fugue. This guy was AWFUL.

His oral hygiene was iffy. He had a dodgy tongue piercing. He was thick as mince. What was I thinking?!!?

But because I had chatted with him sporadically throughout the week I couldn't be rude and run off. So I stayed, and he was telling me how wonderful I was and how he would make me the happiest girl in the world etc etc etc. All the while in my head I just wanted to die.

He tried to kiss me at the end of our date and I literally slithered out of it.

After that I tried to ghost him. But DAMN he was so persistent. He stalked my social media and started messaging my friends and family to make sure I was ok. Then I had to explain this absolute neckbeard to all and sundry.

Quite humiliating.

I also went on a blind double date with a friend who set it up- I thought she wasn't a sadist. Turns out she was. The guy was really rotund. Like Violet Beuregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after she was turned into a blueberry. The clincher was when we went to pay for dinner (we went dutch 4 ways) and he took his wallet out of his pocket and a steak bake flopped out and slapped onto the floor with a really loud 'THWAP'. It was one of those absurd moments where time stops entirely. I wanted to ask how long it had been there and why he had an emergency steak bake in his pocket... but it was such a ridiculous question that I got a fit of the giggles and couldn't stop laughing all the way home.

I am not an awful person. Honest.

Oh gosh that steak bake part got me

(Original post by Friffinghell)
    The clincher was when we went to pay for dinner (we went dutch 4 ways) and he took his wallet out of his pocket and a steak bake flopped out and slapped onto the floor with a really loud 'THWAP'. It was one of those absurd moments where time stops entirely.

AHAHAHAHAHHA. OMG I literally LOL'd at work right now! :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Never had a holiday romance, I always used to spend holidays for myself and good friends of mine. Looks like I am not a man for love stories in holiday times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.