The best diet to lose weight? Watch

studentlife001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anybody know what kind of diet would be good to go on if i'm tryin to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of the summer?
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Low carb, high protein and veg with exercise
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Standard caloric deficit. Track your calories, ensure a decent amount of those are coming from protein and try and eat foods that are volumous for their caloric content.
Petulia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Main thing is to eat in a calorie deficit, doesn't need to be more complicated than that at the start. Download a calorie counting app (MyFitnessPal is what most people use) enter your weight/height etc and it will calculate a calorie limit for you
The Asian Tory
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eat all of your meals at Mc Donalds, never choose fruits, always purchase large meals and never purchase diet coke. In one month, you would lose -10Kg. Tis' a miracle.
ConfusedTurtle3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not exactly a diet but want to eat snacks? Fruit, cucumber and carrots (with a yogurt dip these are great)

A Paleo diet is a pretty good option, since it's based on how we ate a long long time ago.
studentlife001
Rep:
?
Wow i thought i was in for good advice. This girl f*cked me up lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUn...ature=youtu.be
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by studentlife001)
Does anybody know what kind of diet would be good to go on if i'm tryin to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of the summer?
Vegan
studentlife001
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Vegan
That's a bit intense for me ...
username3150658
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As said caloric deficiency. Little by little.

Good luck.
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to fitness
harrythomas14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Calories in vs calories out, that's all that determines weight gain or loss. Be that as it may, you'll both look and feel better if said calories are more nutritionally dense and pack vitamins and minerals.

As long as you stay within a deficit, eat what works for you and what keeps you sated and energised.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
What woody said. It is important to understand how weight loss works and in particular the role of the calorie deficit. No deficit then no weight loss.

You also give no details about height and weight. Its easier for someone heavier to lose than someone already at a normal weight.

Its possible to lose 10lbs a month but you will need to get a reasonable hang of what you are doing, which includes weighing your food. Its not needed but id also take up regular exercise doing mixed cardio and weights.
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
basica calorie deficit, there's not magic to it just eat less move more
username3279922
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
low sugar diet with lots of protein. (and lots of water)
you also have to make lifestyle changes like cutting out juice or fizzy drinks and eating less sweets to make sure the weight stays off.
also you could try supplements to get any vitamins you're lacking (e.g cod liver oil capsules)
exercise wise try to walk everywhere and do 30 min of exercise a day (like brisk walking, jogging or yoga)

Edit: Don't try diets like the "3 day military diet" because it wont keep the weight off and i don't think crash dieting is good for you're body (I'm not an expert though)
ezway123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow i thought i was in for good advice. This girl f*cked me up lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUn...ature=youtu.be
I just watched this video... good thing i dont plan on going on any diet
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eat high protein, low fat meat (basically lean meats like 90% lean mince, lean beef, chicken breast/thigh without skin, etc) and as many non-starchy vegs as you can eat (they have low cals and high fiber). Don't add oils or sauces or butter in your food. Drink a **** ton of water and non-caloric drinks of all kinds including artificially sweetened drinks like Coke Zero, etc.

Basically meat and veg. Because you want to restrict calories, that's why I say low fat. But lean meat is very filling, fibre is filling as well.

You can add some fruit if you want.

Read Lyle McDonald's book on this. It's pretty good but read all of it carefully and don't skip his advice regarding what to do post-diet.
studentlife001
Rep:
?
Does anybody know of any youtube videos that could potentially help with my diet plan ?
PazzyBoardman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To loose weight ya got to eat fewer calories than you burn. Pretty much one of those parts of life that seems to be impossible to "cheat", despite all the hype online about "miracle suplimemts" etc..

To burn 1 pound of fat, you have to eat 3500 calories less than you burn. Sticking to a moderate deficit such as -700 calories per day should ensure a good rate of fat loss, and after a week you should notice a difference. You may see a sudden drop on the scales at first which may be water, glycogen but after a few days you should see the number steadily decreasing.

It may be best to weigh yourself once a week, as the change may be more noticeable. In practice, eating in a calorie deficit is probably easiest achieved by cutting out "snacks" as they tend to be high in sugar which is calorie dense. Eating 500 calories worth of vegetables will completely fill you up, but eating 500 calories of chocolate will make you want to eat another 500. Cutting down on drinks and substiting it with water would also be a good move.

Although fat loss is created by the calorie deficit, it's actually a good idea to have a "cheat day" once in a while. There are negative effects of being in a calorie deficit for a long time, and eating normally for a day or so will reset some of those effects. But don't go too much over 3500 calorie sized I a cheat day a second you will undo a lot of work you did before. Best of luck with it, I know form myself calorie deficits take a ton of will power to do, but you will see the number on the scales drop day by day, an you'll feel great!

Hope this helps you and anyone else!

Pazzy
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The one you can stick to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...