The Student Room Group

idk how to use my new phone-htc one m7

help.

Like, I press the home screen button and it just makes a vibrating noise and doesn't go :sad:

Don't worry about what I have and don't have, please just list what I need to buy/do/download if that, for this phone.
Cheers.

Scroll to see replies

dont worry about ze cotton ball there. I was cleaning the screen lol.
Original post by Bang Outta Order

help.

Like, I press the home screen button and it just makes a vibrating noise and doesn't go :sad:

Don't worry about what I have and don't have, please just list what I need to buy/do/download if that, for this phone.
Cheers.

What do you mean by "doesn't go"? Is the phone fully charged and turned on? Are you trying to use the home button to unlock the phone?
Reply 3

help.

Cheers.

Is this the package you missed the other day?
yes the screen is black so I can't scroll on anything. And the home button doesn't take me to the home screen.
I set lock screen to lock immediately, turned my phone off, turned it on again now it's black screen. :s-smilie:
Was I meant to register it before locking?
yes the screen is black so I can't scroll on anything. And the home button doesn't take me to the home screen.
I set lock screen to lock immediately, turned my phone off, turned it on again now it's black screen. :s-smilie:
Was I meant to register it before locking?

What happens if you press the lock/unlock button on the side of the phone?
a button on the screen, or on the phone?

There's only a physical volume button on the side, and two visible buttons on the bottom of the screen. A return button, and the home button and nothing happens when I press either. :dontknow:
Original post by SGHD26716
Is this the package you missed the other day?

yea but Im confused with it so not happy
a button on the screen, or on the phone?

There's only a physical volume button on the side, and two visible buttons on the bottom of the screen. A return button, and the home button and nothing happens when I press either. :dontknow:

Sorry, I forgot it was on the top of the phone in the original One. The button you use to power on the phone will lock/unlock the screen.
right, before this happened, the 1st time I turned the phone on (couple hours ago) I set my lock screen to needing a password. I turn the phone back on using the power button and the icons are showing, like the time, the battery amount, the bars, some other ****, the missing SIM card icon, but nothing else is visible to like scroll just blackness.
right, before this happened, the 1st time I turned the phone on (couple hours ago) I set my lock screen to needing a password. I turn the phone back on using the power button and the icons are showing, like the time, the battery amount, the bars, some other ****, the missing SIM card icon, but nothing else is visible to like scroll just blackness.

That's the lock screen, try swiping up on the blank space.
**** all and the welcome screen where I can click on START to get to my settings like before flashed. I think Im locked outta me own phone mate...:s-smilie: there's no sim card in it, should I have set up the lock screen without one?
**** all and the welcome screen where I can click on START to get to my settings like before flashed. I think Im locked outta me own phone mate...:s-smilie: there's no sim card in it, should I have set up the lock screen without one?

You won't be locked out, I just have no idea how you've set it up from the way you're describing it without actually seeing it. Take it into a phone shop and tell them you can't figure out how to unlock it and one of the staff will probably be able to help you unlock it and get it configured in a way you like.
It wasnt like that befoe is what Im saying. I saw everything perfectly before. After setting a lock passcode and turning it off while being able to see before of course, I've turned it on again and it's just a black screen with white icons. :sigh:
Im doing a hardware factory reset now, the button combo, waiting for it to do whatever :dontknow:
It wasnt like that befoe is what Im saying. I saw everything perfectly before. After setting a lock passcode and turning it off while being able to see before of course, I've turned it on again and it's just a black screen with white icons. :sigh:

Can you take a picture of the screen you see when you press the power button?
it's fixed lol

did a reset, it cleared everything off it eve thogh it strangely optimized 253 apps...

this is a refurbished phone so idk wtf its optimizing since Ive not downloaded any apps yet...but whatever

the screen is back, I can scroll through settings, Im just gonna leave it alone lol
@Gofre it's fixed lol

did a reset, it cleared everything off it eve thogh it strangely optimized 253 apps...

this is a refurbished phone so idk wtf its optimizing since Ive not downloaded any apps yet...but whatever

the screen is back, I can scroll through settings, Im just gonna leave it alone lol

Glad this got fixed! :h: Nice phone btw
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Glad this got fixed! :h: Nice phone btw

cheeeeers matey.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
im not using a SIM card so Im gonna sign into wifi, the connection says the signal is excellent :smug: but would that be alright on this type of phone?

htc is gsm which supposedly needs SIM cards...

i dont wanna be locked outta my phone again if its not properly set up :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending