Dedmunds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm looking to study Animal Behaviour, I am about to enter my second year at college studying Economics, Psychology and Acting. My acting course is a B-tec, will the university consider it an equivalent to an A-level?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dedmunds)
I'm looking to study Animal Behaviour, I am about to enter my second year at college studying Economics, Psychology and Acting. My acting course is a B-tec, will the university consider it an equivalent to an A-level?
Where the Btec is relevant then yes they will accept it in place of an A level especially where its supported by two traditional A levels. Different unis and courses have their own btec policy. The weakness of drama is its one of the least academic Btecs.

For animal behaviour the site says.

Required subjects

GCE AL grade B or IB HL5 in one of the following subjects: Biology/Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology or Maths/Pure Maths/Further Maths. GCSE Maths at grade B.

Applicants studying one of the following BTEC Extended Diplomas will be considered without GCE AL science: Applied Science, Animal Management, Agriculture, Countryside Management, Fish management, Forestry and Arboriculture, Marine Biology

Unfortunately it looks like you have neither the science GCE or one of the qualifying Btecs.

Contact the department if you wish to pursue further.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (216)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.04%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (139)
33.66%

Watched Threads