The Student Room Group

Bad a level fourth grade

I currently do AS and im worried about my business studies grade , im doing Maths chemistry and psychology privately - will getting like AAAE - Stop me from going uni if their requirements is AAA. and do unis make offer on four subjects or three?
AAAE is exactly what I got at AS and AAA was what I needed to be predicted at A2 for all the unis I applied to. My E did not make one speck of difference :wink: Check the websites of the courses/institutions you want to apply to, but it is very rare for them to require any grade for your fourth AS.
Reply 2
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
AAAE is exactly what I got at AS and AAA was what I needed to be predicted at A2 for all the unis I applied to. My E did not make one speck of difference :wink: Check the websites of the courses/institutions you want to apply to, but it is very rare for them to require any grade for your fourth AS.

Did you get E at a2 or AS

IM Talking about getting E at A2 then what happens
Original post by joseph9299
Did you get E at a2 or AS

IM Talking about getting E at A2 then what happens

I got an E at AS, and since I dropped that subject and didnt take it to A2 it wasn't included in any of my university offer conditions.

I'm not sure what you mean by asking what will happen if you get an E at A2. If that grade means that you fail to meet your offer conditions then it is at the university's discretion whether they will still accept you. If not, you could look at places in Clearing. If no suitable courses are available with the grades you achieve then you could look into retakes.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
I got an E at AS, and since I dropped that subject and didnt take it to A2 it wasn't included in any of my university offer conditions.

I'm not sure what you mean by asking what will happen if you get an E at A2. If that grade means that you fail to meet your offer conditions then it is at the university's discretion whether they will still accept you. If not, you could look at places in Clearing. If no suitable courses are available with the grades you achieve then you could look into retakes.

No i mean Say u get AAAE at the end of year 13 - and the e grade is a subject thats not required by the uni for your course, a subject thats irrelevant basically.
No i mean Say u get AAAE at the end of year 13 - and the e grade is a subject thats not required by the uni for your course, a subject thats irrelevant basically.

If you meet your offer then the university is obliged to accept you. If your offer is AAA and you get AAAE then you have met your offer. An E is still a pass and better than no grade at all, they won't penalise you for having one lower grade as you've technically still exceeded your offer.

Personally I would advise dropping the fourth subject so that you have more time to dedicate to the important subjects, however.
Reply 6
If you meet your offer then the university is obliged to accept you. If your offer is AAA and you get AAAE then you have met your offer. An E is still a pass and better than no grade at all, they won't penalise you for having one lower grade as you've technically still exceeded your offer.

Personally I would advise dropping the fourth subject so that you have more time to dedicate to the important subjects, however.

The problem is i do 3 at school and one privately - and the subject i might get E is a subject i do in school and the school does not let me change it

Yeah, basically.
If your offer is AAA, then the extra grade (i.e. the E) is irrelevant. You will have still met your offer by getting AAA. The E will just be an extra grade on top. Unis only usually require (and make offers based on) 3 A2 grades anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest