Failed an exam, stopping graduation this summer

Watch
Nccc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
having just received my final year results, I have failed a single exam which has stopped me from graduating this July. This means I have a retake in August to redo this module. Passing this resit with the 40% cap, I end up with a 2.1 for an overall degree.

However, the university for which I have applied to study for an MSc is asking for a copy of the final transcripts to be sent over. From the MSc course webpage the deadline 28th July

What would be the best course of action to take? Knowing that my results from retake, along with the full overall grade will be released around early September. What should I exactly tell them?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nccc)
Hi,
having just received my final year results, I have failed a single exam which has stopped me from graduating this July. This means I have a retake in August to redo this module. Passing this resit with the 40% cap, I end up with a 2.1 for an overall degree.

However, the university for which I have applied to study for an MSc is asking for a copy of the final transcripts to be sent over. From the MSc course webpage the deadline 28th July

What would be the best course of action to take? Knowing that my results from retake, along with the full overall grade will be released around early September. What should I exactly tell them?
Have a chat with them and take instructions. Obviously they will need to know about the resit. talk to your exam office and ask if they can release results as is.
It wont do you any favours failing a module but if you did very well on the others, then it doesnt have to be fatal.

the requirement is a certain level of degree which at the moment you will not have managed before the deadline. You may need to think about next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (67)
27.8%
England (82)
34.02%
Belgium (20)
8.3%
Germany (28)
11.62%
Spain (3)
1.24%