The Student Room Group

second year messed up...

Hi everyone,

I repeated my second year this year as I basically failed it last year due to mental health issues and other things and I've redone it this year but equally as badly. I've got four assignments left to finish before tomorrow as retakes and I'm really nervous I'm going to fail it and get kicked out.

I'm capped on 40% for my modules now, which is fine as they're retakes so I understand it, and I know I'll get these essays finished even if I'm up all night, but there's the what if I fail a module? I can't afford to retake it it'll cost me £2k which I don't have and I'll be unable to finish my degree and I have no idea what I'll do without it.

I'm absolutely petrified.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before?
Original post by lilysherfy
Hi everyone,

I repeated my second year this year as I basically failed it last year due to mental health issues and other things and I've redone it this year but equally as badly. I've got four assignments left to finish before tomorrow as retakes and I'm really nervous I'm going to fail it and get kicked out.

I'm capped on 40% for my modules now, which is fine as they're retakes so I understand it, and I know I'll get these essays finished even if I'm up all night, but there's the what if I fail a module? I can't afford to retake it it'll cost me £2k which I don't have and I'll be unable to finish my degree and I have no idea what I'll do without it.

I'm absolutely petrified.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

If you have evidence of your mental health you'll be able to apply for extenuating circumstances, maybe take a year out, focus on yourself and go back when you're ready
As above - if you can show that you've struggled significantly this year due to health reasons or other factors that were out of your control, then despite your retake year you'll still be able to do a further retake with full student finance. It's best to talk to student support at your university to update them on your situation and they can advise accordingly.

Don't be afraid to be honest with them about your struggles. They want you to succeed so do get in touch with them and they can probably work out some alternative arrangements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending