The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2018

Hello,
This forum is for applicants of the 2018 round of applications for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for master's study in the U.K. It is to help each other in the process, to support each other, to encourage and to reduce our anxieties. Let's have a good thread. Good luck 🍀
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Junegyal, don't you think you started this thread too early? :smile:
Reply 2
Hello scholars!

Seeing that the application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship opens up in a few days, it will be great to get active on this thread and support each other.

Wishing everyone all the best :smile:
Reply 3
Hey people i submitted my application. I applied through canon collins because my country only nominates government employees. Who else applied through canon collins?
Original post by SaydaK
Hey people i submitted my application. I applied through canon collins because my country only nominates government employees. Who else applied through canon collins?

I am a dual national so I plan to apply through both cannon collins and my government. Only issue is I'm struggling to log on and can't find a third reference.. So frustrating.
Reply 5
You havent applied yet? I thought yhe deadline for applications is this friday? You can start your application and submit. You have a chance to change your references.
I have done the application just haven't submitted.. I think I may be able to convince one of my lecturers to submit something last minute..
Reply 7
Yeah. Only one of my referees have submited and i still have to keep reminding the remaining two. Its a struggle.
Sucks man, sorry... You only need two in by friday. Hopefully one will come through in time.
May I ask what universities you're applying to and where you from?
Reply 9
Am from Malawi... Got an offer from university of aberdeen and university of leceister and chances are i might go to aberdeen. What about you?
South Africa and Botswana (applying twice 😂).. Haven't applied to King's yet but got an offer from both Glasgow and Cambridge
Reply 11
You got great offers. Atleast you will apply in 2 countries therefore increasing your chances.
But that's if I can get the commonwealth application to open 😭
Reply 13
Original post by fofomorse
But that's if I can get the commonwealth application to open 😭

What do u mean it wont open? Try writting an email and ask for help. If you have forgotten your password try clicking on forgotten password. If it says form cant be found just click ok and try again
I can log in but it says the servers are busy. Think there are loads of people online trying to submit. I'll email in the morning if I still can't get through. I was going to submit last night but wanted to read over what I wrote with fresh eyes, but it's been a hassle..
Reply 15
Oh alright. Yes i bet the servers are busy with everybody trying to submit. But dont worry about it..it will work out somehow....
Okay, just submitted for both. At this time the traffic must be minimal because I had no problems navigating the application process..
Reply 17
Am glad you submitted. Did you actually sleep at all or you were just waiting on that. Lol
Hello,I'm from Malawi too,I also applied through Cannon Collins,let's keep each other updated, I understand we will know if we have been nominated by 22 March,fingers crossed.
Original post by SaydaK
Am from Malawi... Got an offer from university of aberdeen and university of leceister and chances are i might go to aberdeen. What about you?
Reply 19
Original post by chipiliro payesa
Hello,I'm from Malawi too,I also applied through Cannon Collins,let's keep each other updated, I understand we will know if we have been nominated by 22 March,fingers crossed.

Hey Chipi its nice to have someone from malawi aswell. Lets indeed keep each other updated. Which colleges are you using in your application?

Quick Reply

Latest