Do the liberal left have low empathy psychopathy?

Watch this thread
Empirical
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I noticed that there is more evidence online about a link between having a liberal left political position and psychopathy.

Let's say for example someone has a genuine concern for refugees and they heard someone say that they wanted to preserve their country as it was when they grew up a normal person would have some sympathy for this point of view. But those ones who want to turn around and dehumanise the British person for saying this and relate them to Naziism or fascism have effectively taken a low empathy psychopathic position toward the person.

Now look at another scenario. Someone in the media or politics forms a reaction against Conservative views, which are opposite or much more of a reaction than they would naturally present, because at good for their job. They devote lip service to terms like equality, diversity, prejudice and challenging traditional stereotypes for career advancement and one day help oust someone with a different view even though they have sympathy for it. This again is a psychopath who had used a mechanistic process to bully and suppress a person who have perfectly legitimate and balanced views. This is precisely what happens to Conservatives in Hollywood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
One very simple question - what is a "normal person"?

You are questioning the lack of empathy of others towards your own position without being able to empathise with their view. So who is correct?

I feel this thread is somewhat directed at me as this is very much my view. The problem I have with people who look backwards is they tend to be standing on a platform that verges on racism, wishing to see a return to white jobs for white people, forgetting of course that back in the glory days of "no dogs, not blacks, no Irish" things were hardly brilliant. I find it really sad that there is so much animosity towards people who look a bit different when it is our own failings as individuals that are generally responsible for our position in life, not those of others.
StudyJosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Empirical)
I noticed that there is more evidence online about a link between having a liberal left political position and psychopathy.

Let's say for example someone has a genuine concern for refugees and they heard someone say that they wanted to preserve their country as it was when they grew up a normal person would have some sympathy for this point of view. But those ones who want to turn around and dehumanise the British person for saying this and relate them to Naziism or fascism have effectively taken a low empathy psychopathic position toward the person.

Now look at another scenario. Someone in the media or politics forms a reaction against Conservative views, which are opposite or much more of a reaction than they would naturally present, because at good for their job. They devote lip service to terms like equality, diversity, prejudice and challenging traditional stereotypes for career advancement and one day help oust someone with a different view even though they have sympathy for it. This again is a psychopath who had used a mechanistic process to bully and suppress a person who have perfectly legitimate and balanced views. This is precisely what happens to Conservatives in Hollywood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So allowing refugees in does not preserve your country... :facepalm2:
username1221160
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yes, it's true. We are all psychopaths. You've exposed us.
Empirical
Rep:
(Original post by ByEeek)
One very simple question - what is a "normal person"?

You are questioning the lack of empathy of others towards your own position without being able to empathise with their view. So who is correct?

I feel this thread is somewhat directed at me as this is very much my view. The problem I have with people who look backwards is they tend to be standing on a platform that verges on racism, wishing to see a return to white jobs for white people, forgetting of course that back in the glory days of "no dogs, not blacks, no Irish" things were hardly brilliant. I find it really sad that there is so much animosity towards people who look a bit different when it is our own failings as individuals that are generally responsible for our position in life, not those of others.
I tend to have right wing views but I do sympathise with people who are are thinking in terms of their caring nature. I am not commenting on this. I am commenting on the liberal left people that tend to see the political difference as a struggle between good and evil, Luke Skywaker v. Darth Vader, the Evil Nazis. I am commenting on this. I think this is a psychopathic position. I would only view a person like that as ill, not the darkness of all evil, hence however you look at this, this isn't two way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Empirical
Rep:
(Original post by StudyJosh)
So allowing refugees in does not preserve your country... :facepalm2:
Well you need to be realistic. If you let in 10 refuges it has no impact. If you allow the streams coming into Europe try and settle, the mostly fake refugees who are economic migrants exploiting crisis in Syria and who mostly aren't even from Syria, we are talking millions per year, if this continues year after year of course it would change Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Empirical
Rep:
(Original post by Quantex)
Yes, it's true. We are all psychopaths. You've exposed us.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-possess-psy/

New studies have found a link between liberalism and psychopathy. In fact with the exception of a few hard core nutters, the numbers of which are greatly exaggerated by Hollywood and fake news, you sent to find that offenders and people with deviant or extreme behaviours tend to have liberal views.

I would put it down to liberal views being a manufactured not authentic position and this being an outcome of the person not being in alignment with them-self.

Posted from TSR Mobile
applesforme
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
A few decades ago the left was the voice of the outsider and oppressed and did a lot for those people but now they have gained so much power they are the new dominant bullying political force, which the conservatives used to be. They want to police everything that you think and say, and totally dehumanise you if your opinion is different to theirs. The left has got too much power and seem to think they have the authority on everyone's way of life and opinions, but it seems brexit may have woken them up (and I def did not vote for brexit or for conservatives, but the left has serious issues).
Empirical
Rep:
(Original post by applesforme)
A few decades ago the left was the voice of the outsider and oppressed and did a lot for those people but now they have gained so much power they are the new dominant bullying political force, which the conservatives used to be. They want to police everything that you think and say, and totally dehumanise you if your opinion is different to theirs. The left has got too much power and seem to think they have the authority on everyone's way of life and opinions, but it seems brexit may have woken them up (and I def did not vote for brexit or for conservatives, but the left has serious issues).
It's admirable that you are not on the right wing but recognise the issues of the left.

What I find odd is how so many people on the left just blanket fail to recognise this, and just kind of work by knee jerk reactions, talk you down straight away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dot.Cotton
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The liberal left have no issue sending death threats to anyone who holds slightly right-wing views but throw a hissy fit when anyone dares criticise their cultural Marxism. Liberalism is a mental illness in my opinion.
Picnic1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The vast majority of people enjoy liberal freedoms.

Yet they regard themselves as conservative.

That's because their view is so narrow that they 'conserve' what little brainpower, what little cultural capital, what little effort to make a living, that they have.

Basically, the liberal traditions of the UK allow many people to be what confines them - pretending that they're conservative.

If you're a true Conservative- never in debt, never spends outside their means or needs, values individuals for their individual perspective rather than merely seeing them as part of a stereotypical group, congratulations. But very few are true conservatives in the positive sense.

When liberals disappear, usually because capitalism is becoming rampant, dictators appear. Thatcher was a kind of dictator. She closed down opposition by
robbing its livelihood, besmirching the traditional working class. Prime ministers before and since had never waged such class warfare.

The Conservatives DON'T conserve - they split wealth between the vague fripperies of
the daft average working class person who'll blow it and between the upper echelons who don't need it. And both the underclass and parts of the educated middle class who rely on 'liberal' kinds of jobs lose out.

Thatcher didn't conserve anything but that abstract thing called money. She didn't even reopen any grammar schools. She was a Europhile for a while. She saw
the details but not the big picture. She didn't seem to care for inconsistencies between what Conservatism is, a serious protection of the individual against the
state, and what neoliberalism is, leaving the individual blowing in the wind, at the whim of social prejudice at the kind of work they did, regardless of how hard they
worked, anyone working outside of London, anyone interested in holistic approaches to society and communities deemed not really important. She was what Conservatism isn't supposed to be - an attacker against individuals and a dismantler of traditions.

Parts of the left might be psychotically anti working class (and psychotically anti upper class) but at least you know where you are with them.
uw0tm9
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm fairly liberal and left wing but I bloody hate SJWs and the lot. The problem isn't that the majority of the left acts this way nor is it that we support their actions. The fact is the SJWs take a moral high ground and don't listen to reason. They act as loud as possible and using labeling tactics to silence people. Because of this other people in the left condone their actions and go along because they don't want to be labelled as racists or misogynist or bigots and be harassed. Others just see the people condone them and go along with it without looking into what these people do. Not all SJWs are bright pink haired fat mid 20s women screaming. There are people like J.K. Rowling and the CEO of YouTube who act similarly in much more professional environments but act pretty much the same way. When people see famous and powerful people acting like that, they see it as being nice rather an associating it with the rather grin view of college SJWs. I'm a big critic or religion and feminism and I hate it when other liberals say "they're not liberals or not all liberals" because that's exactly what religious groups and feminists say to justify being passive to the harm these people do. You have to recognise what they're doing an put a stop to it. But we tolerate it because liberal positions are socially acceptable and each day we inch a little further towards, ironically, liberal fascism.
learningmachine
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Empirical)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your thread. It's an interesting way to think about it, not that I've done it myself before reading your post. It is certainly true that the left is obsessed with diversity as long as it's not diversity of opinion. Banning newspapers in universities, sabotaging debates because of certain speakers, the whole extreme left movement is starting.
Evil Genius
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I vote labour and I'm a labour party supporter who holds very centre left views, but I will never call myself or identify with "lefties". Maybe I am just economically liberal though.

They are nutjobs plain and simple, I also am starting to think it might be some sort of global mental illness. Some of the stuff they come out with makes me question how long we have before extinction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (5)
38.46%
They're exactly what I expected (4)
30.77%