price234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What is the football like at NTU? Is it hard to get into a team and how many teams are there? I am a decent player but I'm nothing special, I have played at semi professional level for one season 1-2 years ago if the gives any kind of scope to my playing standard, I haven't played for a season though :/ Thanks for any info!
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by price234)
What is the football like at NTU? Is it hard to get into a team and how many teams are there? I am a decent player but I'm nothing special, I have played at semi professional level for one season 1-2 years ago if the gives any kind of scope to my playing standard, I haven't played for a season though :/ Thanks for any info!
Hi price234

Our teams compete in the BUCS leagues with fixtures taking place on a Wednesday, meaning that they play against teams from other Universities from across the country.

The football season concludes with the annual varsity match vs University of Nottingham – this is a big event that pulls a crowd of 5,000 at Meadow Lane - the home of Notts County.

Two ex-NTU FC players have gone on to play professional football in the past few seasons – Connor Washington went from NTU FC to Newport County and currently plays for QPR in the and Alex Rodman went from NTU FC to Aldershot Town in League 2 and now plays for Notts County.

Trails for the teams happen during Welcome Week, these are very competitive and many students enter for a place in the teams. Give it a go – You never know you might just make the team! More information will be sent to you soon in our Welcome Week guide.

If you don’t make the team we have intramural football, which is a social football league where you start your own teams from Halls or a group of friends from NTU playing each other.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with the trail!

Tim – NTU TSR Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (16)
39.02%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
9.76%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
4.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (9)
21.95%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (5)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
12.2%

Watched Threads