The Student Room Group

UCAS UN-withdraw offer.

Hi, my mate applied to study a course that required a portfolio online submission. However the email that was sent to link to the online blog page to upload a portfolio was found in their spam folder. This was only after an update was made on ucas of that university withdrawing their offer due to no submission of a portfolio. Consequently is it possible for that uni to un-withdraw the offer once contacted about the issue?
Original post by Roland Garros
Hi, my mate applied to study a course that required a portfolio online submission. However the email that was sent to link to the online blog page to upload a portfolio was found in their spam folder. This was only after an update was made on ucas of that university withdrawing their offer due to no submission of a portfolio. Consequently is it possible for that uni to un-withdraw the offer once contacted about the issue?

All up to the university really, depends if there's places left.

Yes. Contact them first thing tomorrow and explain you had no opportunity to upload the porfolio because the person never received the e-mail. That they are still very interested and able to upload the portfolio immediately. they would have done so at the time if they had known the request was made.

They stand a decent chance of sorting it out but dont delay. If they are going to blame ucas then make sure they are sure of their facts and also they didnt have the opportunity to use common sense.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes. Contact them first thing tomorrow and explain you had no opportunity to upload the porfolio because the person never received the e-mail. That they are still very interested and able to upload the portfolio immediately. they would have done so at the time if they had known the request was made.

They stand a decent chance of sorting it out but dont delay. If they are going to blame ucas then make sure they are sure of their facts and also they didnt have the opportunity to use common sense.

Original post by claireestelle
All up to the university really, depends if there's places left.

Cheers guys, yeh they said they will be calling the uni in the morning asap. They are quite keen on going to this particular uni so I'm sure they will make quite an honest response to what has happened thanks again.
Cheers guys, yeh they said they will be calling the uni in the morning asap. They are quite keen on going to this particular uni so I'm sure they will make quite an honest response to what has happened thanks again.

Just wait and see. Im not aware of all the facts or the precise timeline, but if it was unfair and someone else fault then raise the issue and point out the unfairness and it should be ok. be ready to upload immediately though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending