Changing sexuality at birth

Watch
Poll: Should parents be able to change their child's sexuality before birth?
Yes (1)
20%
No (4)
80%
murintemed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm going to try and ask this again because the last time I did it, TSR removed it.

Imagine in 20 or 30 or however many years, technology arises which allows a parent to change their child's sexuality before they are born. Should this be allowed? Yes or no, vote in the poll and state your reasons.
Nathan Scott
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
genetic modification is immoral anyway, so no
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope
zero766
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is not much different from choosing gender. The problem is, if you allow this, it's a slippery slope to more genetic engineering. You will have under the table deals "blue eyes please, 6'0" please"... etc. We will eradicate any kind of diversity and the problem with that is you start playing god. The current reproductive system works because there are so many different genes in the world and as these get mixed, the best ones continue. We are highly educated compared to decades or even centuries ago, but we do not understand the system the way the system understands itself. Nobody will be unique and therefore nobody will really be special. The attractive features in a human are no longer attractive. You cannot have the good without the bad. It is a disaster if that route is taken
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
TSR at it again I see.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.39%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.13%
I'm really nervous (50)
19.31%

Watched Threads