The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Short of requirement

Hi all

I've got a conditional offer from Loughborough university.
They require 2 requirements for me overall score and minimum score for each subject.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a minimum requriement for 1 subject which is 56% and requirement is 60% but not too far from requirement.
Will they consider this flexibly? I know Loughborough uni is very competitive university but I still have a hope to get in.
Original post by cafelatteeee
Hi all

They require 2 requirements for me overall score and minimum score for each subject.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a minimum requriement for 1 subject which is 56% and requirement is 60% but not too far from requirement.
Will they consider this flexibly? I know Loughborough uni is very competitive university but I still have a hope to get in.

You are very close. they will see how many places are taken by people who made the condition and accepted. they will then consider all those who are close including yourself. You have a chance but you have to be patient and wait for them to make a decision. Presumably you exceeded the average requirement, so at least you have that in your favour. many thousands of students will be in the same position.

If you dont get into Loughborough then clearing is open if you have to look for something else.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by cafelatteeee
Hi all

Hi cafelatteeee

@999tigger is right - there's still a chance as you'd be classed as a near miss. If lots of people are in the same position, you're more likely to get your place, but if more people exceed their offer, it's less likely.

I'm afraid it's just a case of wait and we'll know more when A-level results are out.

Hope that helps
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending