Economics BSc without A level Economics Watch

katie123_1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I have applied and am waiting for results day to study BSc Economics at University of Sheffield. However, I did not take A-level Economics and am worried about being very behind. (I took maths, biology, chemistry). I have heard that at some universities the first year of the course is recapping the A-level, is this true?
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katie123_1998)
Hi, I have applied and am waiting for results day to study BSc Economics at University of Sheffield. However, I did not take A-level Economics and am worried about being very behind. (I took maths, biology, chemistry). I have heard that at some universities the first year of the course is recapping the A-level, is this true?
Depends on the university. Best to look at Sheffield's course structure to see if it reflects what you have been doing at A level.
GP2016
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katie123_1998)
As having A level Economics is not a prerequisite for studying BSc Econ at Sheffield (or most places as far as I know) I wouldn't be particularly concerned. It looks like intro macro / micro courses are mandatory in the 1st year so should cover everything you need without the assumption that you have studied the topics before. Might be worth taking a look at one or two popular introductory texts such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-U.../dp/0718197038 as much as anything to reassure yourself of your interest in the subject if you have not studied it before. Good luck!
katie123_1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by GP2016)
As having A level Economics is not a prerequisite for studying BSc Econ at Sheffield (or most places as far as I know) I wouldn't be particularly concerned. It looks like intro macro / micro courses are mandatory in the 1st year so should cover everything you need without the assumption that you have studied the topics before. Might be worth taking a look at one or two popular introductory texts such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-U.../dp/0718197038 as much as anything to reassure yourself of your interest in the subject if you have not studied it before. Good luck!
THank you so much xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads