Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fresh Starts watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any things that they do which they hate which they're hoping to change when they start uni? Wiping the slate clean sort of thing. Or even just start something new - for example, i'm planning to become really organised, but I don't know whether it will last. This is a bit random but hey!

ReputationRep:
    I said I'd be organised for secondary school, then college, now I'm saying it about A2 year.. I think I should realise that I'll never be organised from the day in year 1 when I lost my whole school folder and pencilcase and isunglasses.

but if I have any serious ones, for university, it'll be to make sure I understand everything.. like not have areas I'm weaker at - just understand everything that the lecturer says, and if I don't, go to them and amake sure they make me understand (or ask someone else)

ReputationRep:
    The art of being organised at university. Just dump your lecture nots any where in your bag in any random order. Then when you need the notes just print a new copy out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I said I'd be organised for secondary school, then college, now I'm saying it about A2 year.. I think I should realise that I'll never be organised from the day in year 1 when I lost my whole school folder and pencilcase and isunglasses.

but if I have any serious ones, for university, it'll be to make sure I understand everything.. like not have areas I'm weaker at - just understand everything that the lecturer says, and if I don't, go to them and amake sure they make me understand (or ask someone else)
    Yeah, thats a good one. I'm also planning to be careful with my money, which shouldn't be too hard as I've always been pretty good at that sort of thing. I used to be able to make £20 last 3 months. That was in the days before mobile phones though.

ReputationRep:
    Give up alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Give up alcohol!

pffft...you don't wanna do that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    pffft...you don't wanna do that...
    Yeah I know, I just have a bit of a hangover today so I'm doing the usual "...never drinking again.." speech.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, I just have a bit of a hangover today so I'm doing the usual "...never drinking again.." speech.
    Oh, one of those...have a beer, that'll set you right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Oh, one of those...have a beer, that'll set you right...
    I can't even drink tea for the fear of throwing up...so think I'll give the beer a miss!

ReputationRep:
    I can't even drink tea for the fear of throwing up...so think I'll give the beer a miss!

*Waves open beer can in face*

s'good for what ails ya...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    The art of being organised at university. Just dump your lecture nots any where in your bag in any random order. Then when you need the notes just print a new copy out
    You should sell that as a new way to file documents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    lol...that is so true. I'm going to be in my 3rd year in September and I’m still doing that. So much for my plan to get organised. Best of luck to you though.

This year I’m planning not to go out as much as I did last year (maybe become a hermit...hehe). I hardly did any work last year so I'm surprised I actually passed all my exams. :rolleyes:

K xx

ReputationRep:
    For me, it's being more confident. I was "the quiet one" when I was little and most of my friends have known me since then, so it'll be really nice to be with people who don't have an idea of me as shy. I've never been that good at trying new things because of that and I want to give everything a go at uni - sports, societies, whatever - without worrying that I'll be crap

Unfortunately, all the new clothes I've bought for my confident new self aren't compatible with my other aim to save money ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting on the 27th so I have plenty of time to learn some basics on Java 2. I want to make sure I get everything first time and not lag behind because it's what caused me to not fufill my potential at A-Level. If I do understand everything first time, then with any spare time I have left, I could do some extra reading. I'm about to order a book or two off Amazon now...

ReputationRep:
    picking my nose *LOL*just kidding hehe
    No really biting my nails,I wish I could stop

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.