jameslei123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I dropped out of the University of Chester in 2015 after 1 year as i felt i was wasting my time and could be doing better things exploring and building a career. I stopped going to lectures after christmas and only really made friends with my housemates and their friends and some people on the street. Turns out nothing is free and you have to work for those oppurtunities to travel and get good jobs. Those hopes quickly turned into mundane warehouse jobs and welfare. I am now going back to university and applied for Cardiff, Manchester, Loughbrough, Liverpool, and Keele. I have been accepted in Cardiff, Loughbrough and Keele. Originally i wanted to go to Cardiff, and stated that on my student finance application, but have been put off by the ranking as well as the reputation of being abit loud. As time moved on i then wanted to go to Manchester mainly for the social side and itbis not too far from Wolverhampton where i am from however my application was declined. But i then thought id prefer Loughbrough as it is the highest in the ranking (4th 2017 Guardian, 7th 2018) and could concentrate on mapping a career. Only problem with a population of 60000 i think it might be abit dead. I mean i thought chester was abit too small to be honest. I am completely unsure now and would like any input to help me decide between Cardiff and Loughbrough for Politics and Economics starting in september.

Bear in mind i applied via UCAS Extra on June 30th at 17.59 so i didnt have the full list of choices to apply for. I would have loved to have gone to somewhere like Exeter or Bath.
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jameslei123)
Hi,

I dropped out of the University of Chester in 2015 after 1 year as i felt i was wasting my time and could be doing better things exploring and building a career. I stopped going to lectures after christmas and only really made friends with my housemates and their friends and some people on the street. Turns out nothing is free and you have to work for those oppurtunities to travel and get good jobs. Those hopes quickly turned into mundane warehouse jobs and welfare. I am now going back to university and applied for Cardiff, Manchester, Loughbrough, Liverpool, and Keele. I have been accepted in Cardiff, Loughbrough and Keele. Originally i wanted to go to Cardiff, and stated that on my student finance application, but have been put off by the ranking as well as the reputation of being abit loud. As time moved on i then wanted to go to Manchester mainly for the social side and itbis not too far from Wolverhampton where i am from however my application was declined. But i then thought id prefer Loughbrough as it is the highest in the ranking (4th 2017 Guardian, 7th 2018) and could concentrate on mapping a career. Only problem with a population of 60000 i think it might be abit dead. I mean i thought chester was abit too small to be honest. I am completely unsure now and would like any input to help me decide between Cardiff and Loughbrough for Politics and Economics starting in september.

Bear in mind i applied via UCAS Extra on June 30th at 17.59 so i didnt have the full list of choices to apply for. I would have loved to have gone to somewhere like Exeter or Bath.
I'd go with Loughborough personally based on how string their links to companies are.. They hold very impressive careers fairs every year with exhibitors that are household names. Their careers service is top notch at what they do - evidenced by the success people have on placing into year in industry schemes and grad jobs.

Cardiff just doesn't seem to have as strong a pull for the careers associated with your subject area vis a vis Loughborough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
32%
No - I have already returned home (10)
10%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
23%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (28)
28%

Watched Threads