The Student Room Group

Names of victims of gay purge in Chechnya revealed by authorities

Scroll to see replies

Sadly just another chapter of human rights abuses that we can lay at the door of Putin's thug.
Original post by Guru Jason
Seems my previous post has been removed so I will state again that you are a nasty piece of work. You statement is wrong. It's one thing to criticise but your are essentially sympathizing with hate speech and condoning murder which puts you on the same level as true terrorist sympathisers.

If someone plans to remove my comment again, at least have the guts to pm me why. The kind of hate speech shouldnt be allowed on public platforms.

It may just be being reviewed if someone has complained. I had a post yesterday which was under review but eventually approved.

It's ironic how people who attack the left then use their tactics to attempt to silence views they don't like.
Reply 22
Seems my previous post has been removed so I will state again that you are a nasty piece of work. You statement is wrong. It's one thing to criticise but your are essentially sympathizing with hate speech and condoning murder which puts you on the same level as true terrorist sympathisers.

If someone plans to remove my comment again, at least have the guts to pm me why. The kind of hate speech shouldnt be allowed on public platforms.

Your post simply proves my point from my first post.
Original post by BigYoSpeck
It may just be being reviewed if someone has complained. I had a post yesterday which was under review but eventually approved.

It's ironic how people who attack the left then use their tactics to attempt to silence views they don't like.

I see in which case I take back my previous comment. My phone (which I'm on) said it had been deleted. Thanks for the info.
I see in which case I take back my previous comment. My phone (which I'm on) said it had been deleted. Thanks for the info.

I'm just speculating, it may have been deleted by moderators.
Original post by slade p
I don't have sympathy because homosexuals demonise those who don't support homosexuality and say it's morally wrong.

So you think gay people deserve mass execution because they say mean things about you and hurt your feelings after you tell them that a vital part of who they are is "morally wrong".

Talk about triggered snowflakes.
Original post by slade p
Your post simply proves my point from my first post.

I'm as straight as the come buddy. I just don't like the way you think. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

You are literally saying you were in support for the murder of innocent people because you don't like their sexual orientation.

Your view belongs in the dark ages.
Original post by orderofthelotus
How depressing.

Some of those people were born in 1998. They would've just turned 18.

19 actually
Original post by EastGuava
19 actually

They would've been turning 19 this year, checked the months.
Humans never cease to amaze me with their capacity for stupidity and intolerance. It would be nice if international law did a bit more to protect people, or if human rights breaches were actually stopped rather than occasionally investigated twenty years later....

I'm also pretty disgusted by the homophobia on this thread, although it's obviously not on the same level as state-sponsored murder.
Original post by sek510i
Humans never cease to amaze me with their capacity for stupidity and intolerance. It would be nice if international law did a bit more to protect people, or if human rights breaches were actually stopped rather than occasionally investigated twenty years later....

I'm also pretty disgusted by the homophobia on this thread, although it's obviously not on the same level as state-sponsored murder.

maybe not but its precisely that homophobia that leads to state sponsored murder.
Original post by Robby2312
maybe not but its precisely that homophobia that leads to state sponsored murder.

One of the reasons why it's so important to keep challenging homophobia on all levels, I suppose.
Original post by sek510i

It would be nice if international law did something about it but given our own government is happy to sell weapons to a state like Saudi Arabia I doubt there is much support for sanctioning countries with appalling human rights such as these from up on high.
Reply 33
Original post by BigYoSpeck
It would be nice if international law did something about it but given our own government is happy to sell weapons to a state like Saudi Arabia I doubt there is much support for sanctioning countries with appalling human rights such as these from up on high.

At least Saudi Arabia has not been infected with the filth and scourge of feminism
Original post by slade p
At least Saudi Arabia has not been infected with the filth and scourge of feminism

Neither has my toilet.
Original post by slade p

I think they could do with some good dose of feminism seeing as women still aren't allowed to drive and that women are also punished for being raped.
Reply 36
Original post by constantine2016
I think they could do with some good dose of feminism seeing as women still aren't allowed to drive and that women are also punished for being raped.

Feminism is not needed for those things, it's a matter of basic rights
Original post by slade p

Yes but Saudi Arabia doesn't have basic human rights, it's oppressive and barbaric. The worst of which women suffer. Which is the whole point of feminism, to achieve parity in a society.

In the west feminism has a supply and demand problem with oppression because the bulk of their goals were won, but the subsequent waves of new feminists still want to fight the good fight, so they go looking for problems where there are none with their micro aggression's and gender pay gap.

In less enlightened cultures like Saudi Arabia though there is still very much a fight to be had for even the basic level of human rights to achieve parity, much like the original feminists in the west had.
Original post by slade p

Women don't have those basic rights because in Saudi Arabia men see women as being unequal to them. Men have these basic rights because they are seen as better than women. This is the very definition of sexism and the first feminists were fighting against this. The women in Saudi Arabia who call their selves feminists are really identifying with first wave feminism.

Quick Reply

Latest