The Student Room Group

Extended project qualification

I am currently preparing for my EPQ, and I would like some ideas of topics. I am applying to be a midwife. I would like my EPQ to be midwifery based, I have currently thought about writing about breastfeeding but I am struggling for other ideas. My EPQ needs to have a main question and 4 sub questions within to go into more detail. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Hi! I am currently in my final year of midwifery and my EPQ was also midwifery related. I did mine on the importance of communication, since all key documents surrounding midwifery and healthcare talk about the importance of communication. So you could look at it from the importance of communication with women, but also communication with other healthcare professionals to improve care for women.

Other topics you could look at is skin to skin contact, which can also relate to breastfeeding. How about looking at midwifery and woman centred care, which is a current and important concept in the midwifery world.

I don't want to give too many complex ideas as I don't want to make the EPQ harder than it is. I found that by looking at a simple topic you could get your teeth into it more and do better. If you are really struggling for ideas, I would recommend looking at the NMC Code or the Midwifery 2020 document as you'll be able to find some ideas you want to write about for your EPQ. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest