The Student Room Group

Advice On A-Levels

Hello,

As a student who will start her A Level subjects in September, i was hoping that perhaps some experienced students could perhaps lend a little bit of advice to me in the sense of what i should be doing to get the maximum out of my future lessons.

The A Levels i will be taking are: economics, government and politics, accounting and business studies.

If anybody has/is doing any of these subjects and has any good advice for me (or anyone else who reads this), i would really appreciate it!
Chill out a bit, (you're 16), go to some festivals and dabble with substances that you later admit to in a mid-career quest to establish your credentials as "a man/woman of the people."

Or get your reading list, a Summer job and download Tim Harford's series on Radio 4: '50 things that made the modern economy.'
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Lisa.Williams
Hello,

As a student who will start her A Level subjects in September, i was hoping that perhaps some experienced students could perhaps lend a little bit of advice to me in the sense of what i should be doing to get the maximum out of my future lessons.

The A Levels i will be taking are: economics, government and politics, accounting and business studies.

If anybody has/is doing any of these subjects and has any good advice for me (or anyone else who reads this), i would really appreciate it!

I'm in year 12 now and I also do economics and government and politics. If you wanna get ahead just make sure you read your textbook and actually listen in lesson. Ask questions and make the most of your teachers.

But like the person above said don't worry too much - if you do your homework, read your textbook and ask questions when unsure you'll be fine.
Original post by Lisa.Williams
Hello,

Go to a university open day in sept or another event later in the year it will motivate you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest