Beastylki579
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am a Year 12 student who just received back some disappointing grades from their results.
A- Religous studies
C- Chemistry
E-Biology
U-Psychology.
For UCAS I have been told I will be predicted one grade higher besides A's , this is good and all but in Psychology I have failed but my predicted is a D. Now with Biology I will try to convince my teacher to predict me a C as I've been working at that grade all year and i was a mark off a D. Also still yet to receive my EPQ
I wasn't able to revise as much as I could( revised the day before) due to certain circumstances.
I wanted to know should i apply to some universities that require low UCAS points, or should I wait a year and apply to a Pharmacy foundation year.
Philip-flop
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Love how the title is 'Accountancy or Pharmacy' but you don't even mention anything about Accounting! So in that case, I think you should go for foundation Pharmacy as you're clearly not interested in Accountancy.
Beastylki579
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philip-flop)
Love how the title is 'Accountancy or Pharmacy' but you don't even mention anything about Accounting! So in that case, I think you should go for foundation Pharmacy as you're clearly not interested in Accountancy.
Accounting and the word Accountancy correct me if I'm wrong are similar and can used interchangeably according to a friend who currently does Accountancy 1st year. Now if I'm wrong I'm sorry but this is also what my careers advisor recommended to me.
Philip-flop
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Beastylki579)
Accounting and the word Accountancy correct me if I'm wrong are similar and can used interchangeably according to a friend who currently does Accountancy 1st year. Now if I'm wrong I'm sorry but this is also what my careers advisor recommended to me.
Oh wow, are you being serious? Haha. Of course Accountancy and Accounting are the same thing!!! I'm just saying you didn't mention about whether you wanted to do Accountancy/Accounting when you said...

" I am a Year 12 student who just received back some disappointing grades from their results.
A- Religous studies
C- Chemistry
E-Biology
U-Psychology.
For UCAS I have been told I will be predicted one grade higher besides A's , this is good and all but in Psychology I have failed but my predicted is a D. Now with Biology I will try to convince my teacher to predict me a C as I've been working at that grade all year and i was a mark off a D. Also still yet to receive my EPQ
I wasn't able to revise as much as I could( revised the day before) due to certain circumstances.
I wanted to know should i apply to some universities that require low UCAS points, or should I wait a year and apply to a Pharmacy foundation year. "

So how is anyone meant to help you with your decision if you don't mention why you're struggling to choose between Accounting and Pharmacy if you only mention about wanting to do a foundation year for Pharmacy?
sachinisgod
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
STAY CLEAR OF PHARMACY AT ALL COSTS

Ive just finished my pharmacy degree and going to work as a consultant in a audit firm now. Its a dead profession and there are numerous threads in this forum warning students about the disadvantages of this profession.
bobby147
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Accounting.
Pharmacy has awful job prospects.Too many pharmacists,not enough jobs and govt cuts swinging.
Beastylki579
Rep:
?
(Original post by sachinisgod)
STAY CLEAR OF PHARMACY AT ALL COSTS

Ive just finished my pharmacy degree and going to work as a consultant in a audit firm now. Its a dead profession and there are numerous threads in this forum warning students about the disadvantages of this profession.
Thanks for letting me know
Beastylki579
Rep:
?
(Original post by bobby147)
Accounting.
Pharmacy has awful job prospects.Too many pharmacists,not enough jobs and govt cuts swinging.
Appreciate you telling me the disadavantages of Pharmacy
Beastylki579
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philip-flop)
Oh wow, are you being serious? Haha. Of course Accountancy and Accounting are the same thing!!! I'm just saying you didn't mention about whether you wanted to do Accountancy/Accounting when you said...

" I am a Year 12 student who just received back some disappointing grades from their results.
A- Religous studies
C- Chemistry
E-Biology
U-Psychology.
I wanted to know should i apply to some universities that require low UCAS points, or should I wait a year and apply to a Pharmacy foundation year. "

So how is anyone meant to help you with your decision if you don't mention why you're struggling to choose between Accounting and Pharmacy if you only mention about wanting to do a foundation year for Pharmacy?
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention Accounting. I've always liked the career but everyone kept telling me it's boring. But due to my predicted grades being ABD I think it would me more achievable to get into university compared to Pharmacy.
Philip-flop
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Beastylki579)
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention Accounting. I've always liked the career but everyone kept telling me it's boring. But due to my predicted grades being ABD I think it would me more achievable to get into university compared to Pharmacy.
Yes, Accounting is a very boring career but at least there are plenty of jobs out there.
bobby147
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3930485
https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk...-career-sector
The outlook for pharmacy in the UK is bleak.
Beastylki579
Rep:
?
I'm inclined towards Accounting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (80)
57.97%
Yes- I don't like it (8)
5.8%
No- I want it (43)
31.16%
No- I don't want it (7)